Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so what lift pump do yall recommend. i hear air dog is lifetime warranty, and alot of people love their FASS. does FASS have a lifetime warranty? What other lift pumps are worth getting?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Fass has a 6 year warranty.

Other good lift pumps are the walbro pump and the WD eliminator pump To be totally honest I don't think any of the big four systems would treat you bad, we are pretty spoil they all work well. I love my fass but there are many good kits out there. :thumbsup

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
we have had good luck installing fass and airdog pumps.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,759 Posts
I'm putting in an AD100 and a Liberty canister so I don't need to go with the draw straw, I won't have any leaks and won't "run out of fuel" at ¼ tank.

The AD100 is good for more HP than I'll ever have.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
Well i love my Eliminator. Very quiet and all the pressure you will ever want. Lifetime warrenty. Plus single common filter.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Well i love my Eliminator. Very quiet and all the pressure you will ever want. Lifetime warrenty. Plus single common filter.
but can that single filter clean up all the water, air, and debris? i have yet to see one that does.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
but can that single filter clean up all the water, air, and debris? i have yet to sse one that does.
Cummins only has one fuel filter from the factory, so while two would obviously do a better job I think one can get it done. If you really want another one you can make your who secondary filter for like $50.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Cummins only has one fuel filter from the factory, so while two would obviously do a better job I think one can get it done. If you really want another one you can make your who secondary filter for like $50.
on the cummins factory set up, the housing itself is designed to separate water, and SOME debris, but not air.
after a few years of injector issues bosch demanded a better filter, dodge came back with a 7 micron filter, while better it still is not what us as performance buyers need, once you go past stock HP things change drasticly.

Bosch, has stated several times, that there are several causes of injector failures.

(1) debris of 3-10 microns is the #1 cause of wear in a highly pressurized injector(CR).
(2) water contamination causes rust and deformation of criticle and expensive fuel system parts, and causes poor performance.
(3) air in the fuel stream will do two things, (1) it will take the place of lubricating fuel causeing heat and lots of wear, the heat created will cause a chemicle change of steam or water, again causeing wear and debris, and again causeing issues down the road and poor performance.

while this is very short in description, this is absolutely true!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
on the cummins factory set up, the housing itself is designed to separate water, and SOME debris, but not air.
after a few years of injector issues bosch demanded a better filter, dodge came back with a 7 micron filter, while better it still is not what us as performance buyers need, once you go past stock HP things change drasticly.

Bosch, has stated several times, that there are several causes of injector failures.

(1) debris of 3-10 microns is the #1 cause of wear in a highly pressurized injector(CR).
(2) water contamination causes rust and deformation of criticle and expensive fuel system parts, and causes poor performance.
(3) air in the fuel stream will do two things, (1) it will take the place of lubricating fuel causeing heat and lots of wear, the heat created will cause a chemicle change of steam or water, again causeing wear and debris, and again causeing issues down the road and poor performance.

while this is very short in description, this is absolutely true!
Oh yeah, I agree the more filtration the better, but I was just playing Devils advocate in saying could get it done, not as well as multiple but it could. Currently I have a Baldwin filter in my canister and that is it, but I have a cat filter ready and waiting to go in I just need some time to do it.

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
The filter is 3 micron and water seperator. I'll stick with the Eliminator.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Are all systems basically the same to install? Are there some that are easier then others?
pretty much the same but the airdog dosent require any drilling of the frame to install the pump bracket and the airdog mounts inside the frame. Not familair with the elimintor install or were it mounts exactly. Im sure Brian will let us know

John:thumbsup

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
Im not going to get into a product war with any of yas. Jusy want the origanial poster to know whats out there to look at. All i will say is i will put my Eliminator up against any FASS or Airdog system anyday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts