Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its fixin ta be time to change my fuel filter so since im runnin alot of red diesel these days outta company tanks what is the best fuel filter to put on it?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If your lift pump on your 04 is still original, i wouldn't run any more than the 7-micron from Fleetguard.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Dyed off road fuel is the same as taxed on road fuel. They just add a dye. I recommend the WIX XE filters or Donaldson Endurance fuel filters. Fleetguard is also a solid choice.

I prefer the Donaldsons.
-Chuck

·
Registered
90 Posts
offroad is also only low sulfur diesel and on road is ultra low sulfur diesel sorry to steal the thread.
but definitely fleetgard.

·
Registered
53 Posts
offroad is also only low sulfur diesel and on road is ultra low sulfur diesel sorry to steal the thread.
but definitely fleetgard.
not in texas its not its ulsd and i run baldwin filters used on all our heavy equipment:thumbsup just my .02

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah im not worried about the fuel just the crap comin outta them company tanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can i get fleetguard filters at fellas?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Depending on whats close to you...could hit the Peterbilt shop too...

Baldwin part number PF7977

Used em in my 04.5 and my 06. Darn good filter.

·
Banned
393 Posts
I thought that On-road diesel HAD to be ULSD, i filled up today($140) and the pump said 500ppm, but every other gas station in town says 15ppm. I thought they all were changed, and they just forgot to put out the new sticker.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
LSD can be sold for on road use until 2010 so long as 80% of all diesel sold for on road use is ULSD.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Depending on whats close to you...could hit the Peterbilt shop too...

Baldwin part number PF7977

Used em in my 04.5 and my 06. Darn good filter.
:agree2: I run the Baldwin very good filter. Cloggs up a little faster but I would rather it in the filter than the injectors.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
What about a Napa Gold...(whoever makes that)? Is it a good filter? I don't have many places around where I live to get filters, but I do have a Napa very close to me. What Napa part number would that be? For my 'o3

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
What about a Napa Gold...(whoever makes that)? Is it a good filter? I don't have many places around where I live to get filters, but I do have a Napa very close to me. What Napa part number would that be? For my 'o3
I think Wix makes them for NAPA and they are pretty good filters IIRC

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Napa Gold 3585- 10 microns
Napa Gold 3585XE- 7 microns

They are Wix filters. I have been running them for years and switched over to the the XE version as soon as it became available. I save money by ordering them in bulk from fleetfilter.com.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Which would be better to use with a stock lift pump? 10 or 7 micron?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the 7 also change the filter by Gage it will run about 10 lbs when the filter starts to drop the pressure under load about 4 lbs then change filter

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Since his truck is an 04, and like I asked previously, if his lift pump is on the filter canister (OEM), then he would be lucky to see 5 psi at idle running the 5-micron Baldwin. When i switched from the 10-micron Fleetguard to the 7-micron fleetguard i saw an immediate 1-2 psi drop depending on demand with the new 7-micron and can pull it down to 1-2 PSI when i get on it hard. I had a higher PSI with the 10-micron that had around 15,000 miles on it. If your lift pump has been moved to the fuel tank, then you could get away with running the Baldwin 5-micron from what I have read in the previous past from others that have the intank lift pump. I just wouldn't risk it on the canister mounted lift pump.

This is just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
451 Posts
wix makes napa, and any case ih tractor dealership will be a fleetguard dealer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts