Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just installed my water injection today and the only place i could put is where the factory air box was at. So now i need a new intake. Preferable just a new filter. dont really wanna spend 300 bucks for a new intake tube and filter. I know a lot of you are goign to say just get a BHAF but i dont think there is room because of where i had to mount the tank for the water injection. so is there like another filter that would kit on the stock intake tube i could order up that isnt as big as the bhaf?

·
Diesel South
1,545 Posts
afe and a peice of 4" pipe or an amsoil 4090 or 4510, if ya want one of the amsoil nanofibers contact Duluthdiesel

·
Banned
75 Posts
afe and a peice of 4" pipe or an amsoil 4090 or 4510, if ya want one of the amsoil nanofibers contact Duluthdiesel
:agree2: what he said

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Just do a BHAF for $40 bucks and be done with it... :w:

BHAF can be purchased at Vulcan Performance...
BHAF Air Filter

Then throw on a Outerwear and never worry again...
Outerwears Prefilter for BHAF

My filter is 4 years older and got close to 70K miles on it and the filter minder still hasn't moved. I've got a replacement filter sit on the shelf but it might be a few more year before I need it... :w:

Take Notice the filter minder is mounted in the end of the filter...:w:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
:agree2: i think you will love that setup

·
Diesel South
1,545 Posts
Just do a BHAF for $40 bucks and be done with it... :w:

BHAF can be purchased at Vulcan Performance...
BHAF Air Filter

Then throw on a Outerwear and never worry again...
Outerwears Prefilter for BHAF

My filter is 4 years older and got close to 70K miles on it and the filter minder still hasn't moved. I've got a replacement filter sit on the shelf but it might be a few more year before I need it... :w:

Take Notice the filter minder is mounted in the end of the filter...:w:
i had a bhaf and like it ok but its not cleanable and you can't hear the turbo as welll if ya like to

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
i had a bhaf and like it ok but its not cleanable and you can't hear the turbo as welll if ya like to
Ahh... I've never need to clean mine...:rof

As for the turbo whistle... My truck got nicknamed "The Whistler" :w:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yoshi470. Not sure how much you want to spend, but you can have S&B Filters will make you a custom filter. You can put your dimensions in on their website. That link is S&B Filters They are a site sponsor and their website is S&B Filters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts