Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2011 Quad cab short bed 4x4 looking to do 5 in inch turbo back exhaust. Was looking for some input on what everyone out there is using and some feed back on quailty and fitment. Thanks in advance guys

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Have a 2011 Quad cab short bed 4x4 looking to do 5 in inch turbo back exhaust. Was looking for some input on what everyone out there is using and some feed back on quailty and fitment. Thanks in advance guys
I run a Flo Pro 5 inch on my '11 which has been on the truck a year now. Fit like a glove.

James
RSD

·
Registered
109 Posts
i am about to install flopro 5" stainless turbo back from rollin smoke. i will let you know how it fits

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got the flo-pro 5" SS from rollin smoke fit perfect couldnt belive how easy it all went together

·
Registered
109 Posts
i installed mine yesterday it went together easy, but thats where all the good stuff stoped. had to pul each joint apart about 1/4 inch to help the hangers line up. there are only 3 hangers and it sags in the middle. the clamps would not hold the joints tight. i tightened them as much as they would go till the bolts bottomed out. the 5 inch pipe is alittle big where it goes past the trans cooler lines. there is only about 1/4 gap there. i plan to put some heat wrap there. i will have to get the system welded and have some more hangers installed. the sound has a hssssing all the time it sounds like a leak but i checked all the joints and there are not leaking. i think i would go with a 4 inch for the clearance issues and the hsssing sound might not be as bad. i am not happy with my purchase. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
well for one the clamps that come with the flo pro kit are crap they should be tossed over left shoulder and soon as you get the product and when installing go to an auto parts store or a truck dealership (not truck as in your little dodge dealership im talking like truck as in peterbilt, freightliner etc.) and buy an exhaust band clamp. They are like 3" wide and cover the whole seam and make it leak proof then impact them on not by hand and they will stretch and form a tight seal. On the part of the system sagging in the middle are you sure you have the pipes in the correct order I have a quad cab longbox like you and dont have that problem this is also with my 5" flo pro system. also note that you can kind of rotate your dowpipe in a different location to get it away from the trans cooler lines.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my joints do not seem to be leaking but i will look in to these clamps your taking about. i think there are 5 clamps. The order i put the pipes in - down pipe-long straight pipe - short pipe - muffler - axle hoop - then the last one that you see.

Reactions: jb-kix

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
AFE and MBRP make some of the nicest kits on the market, but you will pay extra for them. If you are looking for a "budget" kit, I would go with Diamond Eye or Flo-Pro.

·
Unreconstructed
6,500 Posts
I would go with the 5" Flo-Pro from James @ Rollin Smoke Diesel. That's what both me and my dad run on our trucks.

I get almost all my parts from James. Great guy, great prices, and shipping is super fast. He also stands behind his products, too, and his customer service both before & after the sale is second to none.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i've been running a 5" flo pro for 2 years prob free. it fit really good, but yes the clamps are total crap. I got mad and ended up running a bunch of self tapping screws through the joints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts