·
SW Idaho Chapter
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juz something to talk about..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah this place seems kinda dead lately...

But well I don't have a living yet ha ha since I'm just finishing up high school. But I plan on going into Diesel Mechanics just like my dad. I'm looking to go into Lincoln Tech in Denver or ISU next fall. I might go work on the pipeline this summer or may stay and work on my grandpas farm which I have been doing the last 5 years.

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
Hopefully were not the only 3 that post in this thread... but i'm sure kmk will be in here

·
SW Idaho Chapter
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
591 Posts
im a heavy equipment mechanic, mostly forklifts but also other things! there has got to be more of us diesel guys from here!

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
Cool, I run a 12,000 lb hyster at work

·
Registered
9 Posts
What do I do? That question depends on the day. Every third day I work as a fire fighter/paramedic. Before I did that I was a Heavy Equipment field mechanic. I sold off most of my contracts, but still have a few for spending money. In between all that I have a farm and a few Champion Bucking Bulls. Not really sure which occupation I really make a living at, but I am able to survive and that is the important part these days.

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
So you don't stay very busy I guess..:shock::hehe::rof:S::S:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Currently unemployed,but there ain't much I haven't done.Truck driver,diesel mechanic,collision repair(painter),tool and die,road service,trim carpenter, framing carpenter,finish contractor,heating and air,and all around bum!!:party018:

·
Hello Kitty admirer
668 Posts
I do the whole Army thing every day. (precision) Field artillery at the moment, but headed to school in GA. Next month for Computer networking

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
what you all need me for in here when everyone else is posting now, they probably dont relieze it is an idaho thread :rof

My main job is I work over in wyoming in the oilfield on a drilling rig for patterson uti, I have have done that since I graduated high school almost 7 years ago. I work 14 days on 12.5 hour shifts then I get 14 days off of work. On my days off i sale and install alot of performance parts thus kmk diesel performance. Also on my days off my family owns a cattle ranch in park valley utah so I spend alot of time out there working on the ranch. So i pretty much have 3 jobs.

·
SW Idaho Chapter
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what you all need me for in here when everyone else is posting now, they probably dont relieze it is an idaho thread
:hehe:

I work for utility truck equipment in Boise. I guess the title would be called a truck body installer. I install flatbeds, snow plows, service bodies,dump trucks, wheelbase trucks, weld, hydraulics, electrical and fabricate. We have built most of the Idaho trans dept dumps de-icers and sanders. its a pretty good trade cause I am always doing something different.
I also like to buy and sell stuff for extra income.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I run the service center at Christopher's Dodge World, (aka Stealership). Been here 18years. My second job is lurking this forum, damn thing is addicting.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm. One of the evil dealership mechanics nobody likes. Mostly cummins and duramax. Install lots of performance parts,lift kits,engines etc. I smell like diesel fuel 7 days a week except during elk season they I smell like diesel fuel and cow urine

·
Registered
28 Posts
i was a cowboy. now im a light duty diesel mechanic at nicholson diesel service in boise

1 - 20 of 98 Posts