Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got this posted in the 2010 section, but i want to see what everyone from Texas thinks.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
That should knock a few deer off the road :thumbsup: Did you build that?

I like the side profile that it doesn't stick out too far forward or doesn't look like it's dragging nose in the ground. The corners are a little blocked for my tastes. But I'm betting the same feature will make for a good profile for air drag and keeping it flowing down under the truck.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, i built it. I'm nearly finished with the back bumper.

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
Well at least it helps balance out the 2010+ grill over bite. Nice metal work tough, how long did it take you and what was your cost of materials?

·
Registered
366 Posts
looks good!

Reactions: CBE6.7

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
the cut outs on the front arent my style but i think the bumper fits the truck well and looks good!

-Jordan-

Reactions: CBE6.7

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well at least it helps balance out the 2010+ grill over bite. Nice metal work tough, how long did it take you and what was your cost of materials?
It took me about a week, working on it in the evenings after work. I really hate to say how much everything cost me, because i would like to try to sell some. With me buying all the material, building it myself, and having it powerdercoated, i have about a 3rd of what a ranch hand wouldv'e cost me in it. I would like to sell them, but i can't figure out a price. Labor is going to be the worst part. I just spent all day finishing up, and grinding, my back bumper. I still like a little, but ill try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the cut outs on the front arent my style but i think the bumper fits the truck well and looks good!

-Jordan-
I originally didn't have any cutouts in it, but it looked to plain and bulky without them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thats nice. For fab and welding I get $25.00 hr. Its kind of low but I do it cuz I like it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats cheap. I love fabbing and welding, but whats the point in working if your not going to make a little money at it. Don't get me wrong I dont try to rob anybody, but $25 is a little cheap if youre furnishing all the tools, rods, and your time. Your time is worth something. You've just got to figure everything in. I try to bid by the job, its easier and i feel like im screwing someone if i give them and hourly price and it takes me 15 min. If you think about it, look at all the big companies that charge an outrageous price for something like a bumper or a grill guard that could be built for cheap, if you do it yourself. They have hardly any time involved, everything they do is broke so there is basically no labor. Just a few welds here and there and thats it. Look at the companies that build bumpers similar to mine, check out their prices. I guarantee they don't hardly have any money involved in theirs, because they are big enough to buy metal in bulk. I bet their $2500 bumper didn't cost them $200. I've already got a few people interested, and i think if i sell them for 1k-$1200 it will be reasonable. Hardly any material, but a lot of time and labor involved. Sorry for the long post, i just got on a roll.

·
Diesel Junkie
2,008 Posts
It looks good. And alot cheaper than buying anything like it.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,816 Posts
looks nice but wont do i dang bit of good unless what you hit is about license plate high. Anything taller will go right in the grill, with out uprights its just a bumper.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, yeah i know i was going to put uprights or a bull nose, but i decided i liked it better without. I may end up doing something different later on.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks good. And alot cheaper than buying anything like it.
Thanks, yeah it was a whole lot cheaper building it myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts