Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

what do yall think of this motor?

722 5
anything that sticks out that might be aftermarket? i noticed the little cap over the "smoke screw" is gone.... im looking at this first gen but dont want to buy one that has been modded. sorry for the "sub-par" pictures and they are probably going to be huge. thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
pump might have been turned up the cap for smoke screw is off

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm looking at the heater hose routed back to the return line...was the other owner too cheap to fix it? If so, I wonder what other maintenance items have been put off. What about the full power screw, is the cap off it too? If not then it can't be turned up much at all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
gaskets and mastercylinder look brand new.

as far as the smoke screw cap being gone, when i took mine off it was loose in there but never has been taken off so its possible it could have just fallen out. but everythign else looks stock. looks like it has a lot of miles or ran super hot to get rid of all the paint even on the intake.. but take it for a test drive and see if it smokes when your driving that will tell you if the pump was turned up

and also. are you buying it from a teen ager or an older guy.

·
1ST GEN
11,557 Posts
Looks like a couple of the fuse links have been worked around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.