Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 QC SB Auto with stock 17" wheels, 315/70 tires and NO MODS. Friend has '06 Duramax, Banks six-gun system,MBRP Dual exhaust,Banks ram-air and cold air scoop,stock size tires. What do I need to beat him in the 1/4? Tired of the Cummins bashin' Wanna :spank: 'em!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Cold air intake, full turbo back exhaust, or at least downpipe and DPF delete, get rid of your EGR. Black Max, Mini Max, or XRT Pro tuner WITH TRANNY TUNING, and you should be good to go. Maybe add in there head studs or a wastegate, or both. Just my two cents. Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Cold air intake, full turbo back exhaust DPF delete, get rid of your EGR, H&S pro xrt, liftpump, and you should be close. Good luck to ya!
I fixed it for you lol

With the mods above it will be close no guarantee. Your friend will eventually get smart and get efilive though then you are going to need a lil bigger turbo.
Good thing for you EFILIVE is coming along great with the Cummins:thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed it for you lol

With the mods above it will be close no guarantee. Your friend will eventually get smart and get efilive though then you are going to need a lil bigger turbo.
Good thing for you EFILIVE is coming along great with the Cummins:thumbsup:
He's auto/4wd too. I have 3.73's (don't know his gearing.)Should I have taller gears. Lift pump? Like a FASS system?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
He's auto/4wd too. I have 3.73's (don't know his gearing.)Should I have taller gears. Lift pump? Like a FASS system?
Dont worry about gears your fine there. I would get a lift pump like a Raptor pump(made by airdod). Duramaxs have the advantage of being lighter. It should be pretty close with his programming. Once you get those parts hit the track and if he wins you will want to upgrade trans and then do a turbo. But with the intake, exhaust, egr deletes, and xrt pro you will be very happy with your truck compared to how it is now:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Which does better in the quarter the smarty or the h&s?? I know the xrt makes a slightly larger number but the smarty has a better curve. Seems like it would go down the track better.

If your insane enough to hand shift at 3600 run the superchips. It makes crazy power above 3200. Considerably larger hp numbers than smarty or maxx. Toque is about the same as the smarty. The hp curve looks like the smarty. At those r's it should hammer out a pretty quick quarter.

Smarty is also about to release their 4000 rpm tune for the 6.7. It should do some pretty quick quarters times also.

In order to get the gain from the r's you need a bunch of air volume. That means you would have to ditch everything between the turbo and the intake to get volume up enough to run those types of tunes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts