Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 23583 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Didnt do anything to it today. But I pulled the engine last sunday. Going to clean the grime off the frame tomorrow. Then clean the rest of the engine bay.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm doing mine tomorrow. Got any tips? How long did it take you?
take your time and make sure you dont pinch one of the orings and make sure everything is sealed tight. Everything is pretty straight forward should take about 2 hours

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pulled the cheap factory bumper off after I hit a deer and wrinked it, and replaced it with a heavy duty.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Changed the batteries and the starter. Then pulled a old 2500 chevy to my buddie's house

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I hauled 5 steers to the butcher shop. Some good eatin is comin.

sent from my stupid phone while i should be working

Reactions: Steam65641

·
Registered
298 Posts
Installed some new N-Fab steps, rear splash guards cause the other ones got tore off.. lol, changed oil to winter weight, cleaned air filter.. haha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
well since mines broke down at the moment i decided to pull the console over the shifter and im goin to wrap in in cowhide with hair on it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bored out some H2's with a router, gonna drop em off to be powder coated tomorrow

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I cleared codes! changed my trailer brake controller, and cleaned out the bed before it snows another 10 inches tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Checked fluids, added a quart of oil, cleaned some junk out of the bed. I need tow ash it, waiting for the weather to cooperate.

Ops

·
Registered
152 Posts
pulled bed off and started repaintin and beatin rust outa my frame

Reactions: 99BigRig

·
Registered
175 Posts
Installed and dressed the wiring for my GPS and Sirius dock, as well as a 3 port cig lighter outlet (which I mounted on the side of the floor console) so they both power on and off with the key. This way I still have one switched outlet, as well as the unswitched, available for things like phone chargers when I need them.

Dropped the headliner so I could remove the old-school XM receiver that was "sealed" to the roof with clear plumbers silicone. Cleaned the roof and routed the new Sirius antenna wire to the same spot, and installed/sealed the new antenna to the spot with UltraBlack RTV. We'll see how it holds up to UV exposure. Also have a bead under the antenna, around the opening of the hole in the roof, as well as putting a bead around it from the inside after the antenna was in place. No sense shorting out the dome light (that's where the PO drilled the hole).

Cleaned the gak off my steering box so I could pull the adjuster screw locknut and put a copper crush washer under it, to try and stop the fluid leak there. I also dressed the adjuster screw with teflon tape in case the fluid was weeping up the threads of the adjuster, inside the locknut. And I might have tightened the adjuster 1/8 turn in the process, to see if it helps the slop any ;)

Rolled over on my side to chase the locknut when I dropped it (yes, I still work on the ground), and saw a puddle of diff fluid by the right front tire since I parked last night with the right side "downhill" about five inches from the left. Guess I get to put axle seals in it sometime soon, too. 208k...I think it earned a seal or two. lol

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,315 Posts
Hauled a 1950's wood chipper, what a beast!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Guess I get to put axle seals in it sometime soon, too. 208k...I think it earned a seal or two. lol

Can't complain there ^^^:woohoo:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Put my new flywheel on... wednesday all the rest goes on when the tranny gets here:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nothing today but tomarrow im guna redo my TC switch, mount and wire my connex 4300/300, and maby tear my vp out

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,315 Posts
Supposed to wash and wax it, but it rained all day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Didnt do much today, but got the skanky old head bead blasted. Found a few cracked valve seats. Hauling both engines up tomorrow. Then I get to pull those nasty beasts apart. I hope the other head doesnt have cracked seats. If not I will clean it and start porting it. Then its a week off. Going to the PRI show in Florida!

21 - 40 of 23583 Posts