Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

6121 - 6140 of 6190 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fixed the blinker/wiper switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

That doesn't look too hard to do from what I've seen. How did it go for you?

·
Mega Cab Fanatic
534 Posts
Getting ole goat a new engine !!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That doesn't look too hard to do from what I've seen. How did it go for you?
Not bad. Pretty easy. Turn steering wheel so that top is 90* to the left (makes it easy to get to the screws in the switch assembly.

*Remove 3 screws from bottom of column cover. (T10? [can't remember] torque driver)
*Lower tilt, remove top cover.
*Raise tilt, remove tilt lever (1 screw, T20)
*Remove bottom cover.
*Remove 2 screws from switch housing (phillips head)
*Stick flat head between black housing where you removed the screws, and grey housing of the switch (It has a little nipple on it holding it in)
*Pull switch housing out & unplug it.
*Take inside and remove back of housing (3 torque screws, I think a T9, b/c a T10 was too big and I had to "make it work")
* Make sure you look at the positioning of all the little plastic slides so you can put them back like they go, take a pic if it helps.
*Pull them out (they aren't latched or anything) and clean them off.
*Clean area's where they slide.
*Clean mother board contact points on back of cover.
*Put it all back together.

Make sure the intermittent wiper "slide" is all the way down to the bottom when the switch is "off", it has teeth on the back side. You'll see when you look at it what I mean.

·
lost
248 Posts
where did you get it? I'm battling with a weird vibration and based on what I'm finding a lot here that may be the U-joints or the shaft it self.
Really looking for options and will appreciate your input. thanks
Sorry I'm very late in replying back as I don't spend much time on here. So to answer your question, I bought my 1 piece aluminum driveshaft off of eBay from a seller out in Bakersfield, CA and the shaft was dropped shipped from someplace in Missouri. So far after a few months it's been holding up for me.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
For the past couple days, I’ve pulled the dash, pedal box, abs module, LH battery box, and ALL electrical harnesses except the frame harness.

Installed noico on the firewall while dash is out. Reinstalled 2018 pedal box with pedal mounted APPS for 2007 electrical conversion. Currently installed 2007 cab and front main harness. Next is engine/trans harness, dash harness.

Some pics with everything apart.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry, my first picture did not post last week. This is what was going in...

It took longer than one day because I appear to have trouble following simple wiring directions, but I got my PRXB installed and 4"turbo back exhaust.

While under there I found a lot of ATF and tracked it to this little hole in the outlet line from the torque converter cooler where this line was rubbing against the coolant line.

The dealer wanted $500 so I had one made from hydraulic hose at the local farm store for $70. It's too long but I didn't want to risk it being too short and wasn't sure where the routing would end up.
How much help did that exhaust brake make? I’ve had my eye on that part for awhile now.

2,969 Posts
Cosmetic update... I painted the posts between the side windows black like the newer cars and trucks are doing. I kinda like it!

Looks great!

Our trucks are completely opposite but I black vinyl'd the B-pillars years ago on mine plus the Grand Cherokee colored match door handles also.
Get rid of the vertical lines, get rid of the clutter, keep the chrome low.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How much help did that exhaust brake make? I’ve had my eye on that part for awhile now.
I don't use the regular brakes much anymore and it handles a big load of hay without much effort. It doesn't always engage when I think it should which may be a function of throttle cable stickiness or something else. I'm still trying to find a consistent pattern and figure out what the lights on the LED switch they provide mean.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I’m just getting back to my truck. It’s sat for a year. Got a lot of projects on the shelf. Today I’ll start dash mounted triple gauge cluster Auto Meter: trans, boost, low side fuel pressure. Got a CTS2 already which does a lot but want some redundancy.
8B708661-3E0E-42B9-9349-906ECCE9CCE1.jpeg 8B708661-3E0E-42B9-9349-906ECCE9CCE1.jpeg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do the dealer installed or newer exhaust brakes built into the variable geometry turbos engage when you're in overdrive?

The instructions from PACBrake said not to use it in OD but the document they reference is from October 1999 so perhaps that limitation was only applicable to 47 or older transmissions.

It does not make sense to me that the transmission would be significantly weaker with relatively low resistance from an EB versus full power from the engine. I checked with my transmission shop and they also did not know of any 'directional' weaknesses in the 48RE that would make using the EB in overdrive a problem. Whenever I'm in overdrive I am obviously empty or towing light so the EB is not trying to hold back a large load either. Also, the brake will automatically engage in overdrive when the torque converter is locked up so they don't programmatically prevent it from operating in overdrive.

I'd like to just leave it on all the time and use it to slow down from highway to town speeds but do not want to risk transmission trouble if that's a possibility.

2,969 Posts
I’m just getting back to my truck. It’s sat for a year. Got a lot of projects on the shelf. Today I’ll start dash mounted triple gauge cluster Auto Meter: trans, boost, low side fuel pressure. Got a CTS2 already which does a lot but want some redundancy.
View attachment 915670 View attachment 915670 View attachment 915670

The Autometer dash top 3 pod doesn't look that great but it is excellent in viewability and practicality.
I've had one installed for over 13 years. It's way better for viewing, IMO, than the A-pillar gauges.

I would recommend to place the most important gauges on the dash top. Boost, EGT and whatever you prefer.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts

I'd like to just leave it on all the time and use it to slow down from highway to town speeds but do not want to risk transmission trouble if that's a possibility.
I run my PacBrake PRXB all the time, whether I'm hooked to the trailer or empty. I'm in Tow/Haul mostly under 80kph also.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stealth diesel, you are right. It is a great view. Only thing I don’t like is it didn’t mount well to my dash; the gauges are tight with little sidewall for the mount bracket. It’s just sitting and not bolted down until I drill new holes in the pod. It took a good day to install all with custom harness. Ask changed my trans fluid and filters and added a snubber to the fuel sender. Without, it danced rapidly.
F2BFA7E1-E78C-430D-A4F2-AF7FF514D7A8.jpeg

6121 - 6140 of 6190 Posts