Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

5941 - 5955 of 5955 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Ranch Hand installed today while waiting for paint to dry lol. so obviously she still needs the drivers fender and headlight. The new headlights come in on Tuesday!

I measured just at 3/8” drop in the front end with the new bumper on. This actually might help me towing my loaded 5er, I was right at dead level (1/4” +\-) and the truck looked nose high, so I’ll bed it “looks” right on towing now.

I just balanced the bumper on my trans jack and pushed it up to height and with my arm thru the fog light holes slid the bolts in. Piece of cake, 1 man garage install. Not bad for a 250# bumper. The floor jack is just holding the intercooler up so I can get the bolts in (if you have ever pulled the bumper on theses trucks you get it)

The fender is looking good, So far... idk, hopefully it looks ok when it’s done. Sure would be nice to pull off a sub $150 repair there. Remember this was Grey?

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Waiting on some OEM Headlights to show up, the aftermarket one I picked are already returned, China junk.

Also, I pulled the trigger on the Daystar 1" lift replacement spring boots (not sure what to call them). My Fender is 40.5" to ground in the front and 42.5" in the rear with the Ranch Hand installed, so an extra inch should be really nice. I figured at $100 its worth a shot... they basically get me a little higher than stock, maybe 1/2". Otherwise, I'm going to look into Thruren 2" soft ride coils, but that's going to snowball fast.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Finally got around to installing more of my sound system today. Couple weeks ago I put a Kenwood double din in the dash, looks like the 4th gens there and I love being able to read everything so easy. I have had my Phosgate powered 10” sub from the beginning but now I removed all the door speakers and went with the Kenwood Infinity system, reference component speakers on the front doors. Got the amp tucked under the driver seat, just need to finalize some wiring tomorrow.

Now, I remember when running speaker wire through the doors was easy, right through the rubber grommet and tube. It was a HUGE pain now that they have connectors at this point. But at least the hard part is done. Took all day to complete, still no driver seat in place. Not sure how much the kids at an auto store charge to do something like this, seems almost worth it to just drop it off if I ever had to do this again, lol.

Back seat is also removed, I flipped the hooks on the back so I can fold the seat down if I wanted to. I will see how that really works.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Update....

I had to adjust the driver side back hook on the rear seat to work correctly, but I do like the fact I can now fold down the rear seat if need be.

Stereo upgrade.... I had this same type of speaker system in my Chevy that was traded last fall for this truck and I loved it then. After driving it this morning to get the bugs worked out of the speakers, boy how I have missed the clean crisp sound. Absolutely amazing, no distortion at all even when cranked to max, which was how we set it up before with a meter. Allowing it to be at max and cause no distortion and just under what the speakers capacity will take.

My wife was befuddled as to why it was taking so long and why I had to remove seats just to install an amp. She will never be in here while I drive and crank tunes, so I guess she will never know. But....this is what I have been missing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this...

Lady backed out of her driveway and I didn't see her till the last second.

Now I have to decide if I want to let Geico handle the claim or my insurance (Safeco) (Geico assumed liability since I had the right of way)
Thing that kills me is that my insurance company is telling me they may total out the truck.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of situation?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Anyone have any experience with this kind of situation?

she hit you Right?, let HER insurance fix it. This should not go on you at all. But really your insurance come pant will tell you what to do, just make sure it goes down as “not at fault” for you. Looks like at least $2500 in damage to me, from what’s visible.

Just finishing up replacing all those same parts on my truck, but drivers side. I hit a pole lol.

They might try to total it, but once they see the stupid high value on theses old Cummins trucks they might now. You can fight for not, and you can fight for more pay out money based on what it will really cost to replace it. You can also take a payout and keep it as salvage, fix it yourself and be sitting pretty (really hurts the resale so food for thought)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
today I started getting my Daystar +1” spring bushings in. They look like 1.5” higher, but the actual bucket underneath for the spring is a bit deeper, so it looks about like it will be 1”. This should off set my new Ranch Hand bumper nicely.

very high quality product, I’m impressed. Made in USA too.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Last two times out In the mountains I’ve dunked my front diff in deep mud. Got concerned I might hit a rock with low they hang so added the carli diff guard. Thing is pure beef!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Last two times out In the mountains I’ve dunked my front diff in deep mud. Got concerned I might hit a rock with low they hang so added the carli diff guard. Thing is pure beef!
Yea those things look great. Function over flare compared to those silly aftermarket diff covers for sure.

I just happened to be reading the service, did you know the diffs call for a fluid change every time they are submerged?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yea those things look great. Function over flare compared to those silly aftermarket diff covers for sure.

I just happened to be reading the service, did you know the diffs call for a fluid change every time they are submerged?
Definitely. I had Mag Hyteks on it when i bought it, but after watching that Banks video and seeing how much the shape of the cover affected flow of the oil, I took them off and put the stockers back on.

I did not know the manual called for fluid swap everytime it was submerged, but that makes sense. Guess I need to add that to my list of things to do before my upcoming trip across the country!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Definitely. I had Mag Hyteks on it when i bought it, but after watching that Banks video and seeing how much the shape of the cover affected flow of the oil, I took them off and put the stockers back on.

I did not know the manual called for fluid swap everytime it was submerged, but that makes sense. Guess I need to add that to my list of things to do before my upcoming trip across the country!
IDK grain of salt right? if the breather tube is good and sealed and properly mounted on up higher I can't imagine any water got in there. but yea thats what it says.

5941 - 5955 of 5955 Posts