Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

5541 - 5560 of 5942 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do those green back belts stop the little chirp when you shutdown? Mine kinda comes and goes...
Yes mine stopped it. Now it's silent on shut down. Not that the chirp bothered me. I just run green backs on everything I can cause it's a lot stronger and thicker belt.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
replaced my A/C control lights, kinda nice not having that giant black space in the center of the dash anymore at night.
Do you have the dual climate control on your truck? If so how did you replace them cause when I did a quick search to fix mine it said I need to order the whole controller with new knobs and stuff

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi you can change the bulbs on a dual zone control but you have to take it apart and solder the bulbs in I did mine. Also if your light shines green their is colour bulb caps on them.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I was at a trade show 20 years ago now, and they had this 5 axis machine making dice two at a time touching end to end tip to tip without ever moving the part. Mesmerizing....and I can only imagine what they have now!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi you can change the bulbs on a dual zone control but you have to take it apart and solder the bulbs in I did mine. Also if your light shines green their is colour bulb caps on them.
Yeah I’m just better off spending the $110 (I believe it’s $110 last time I looked it up) of the whole assembly with the knobs for the fan speed and selection and dual zone vs taking it apart thanks for the info tho!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Took it out to get plates and lunch. Then started looking it over for repairs/maintenance items that need attention.

New to me bonus from work. 2006 Quad Cab Cummins Automatic Lonbed 4x4

Lunatic Fridge

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did mine the last week. Went from K&N oil filter to WIX oil filter.
Baldwin fuel filter to Mopar fuel filter.

The mopar fuel filter seems to be a good filter visually looking at the fibers but the baldwin has way more material. Think I will switch back next time.
Not trying to kick up the filter debate but curious what did you go with @Broncowilly and how long are your intervals?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I use Wix for everything. I normally only go 5,000 miles. This oil and filter change was about 8,000 because of a zigzag trip from Oregon to New York and back. I figure oil and filters are cheap compared to what could be an issue later. I change fuel filters with every oil change. I also installed a secondary fuel filter, Wix 33528 which I believe is rated at 3 micron. I’m considering going to a Delco factory fuel filter because they claim it to be rated at 4 micron.

I’m a little over cautious when it comes to fluids. I change Transmission fluid and filter about every 30,000 miles too. I’ve invested a lot of time and effort into this old truck and since I’ll never be able to buy a new one I have to take good care of it. It’s approaching 316,000 miles although I did freshen the engine up at 225,000 when it lost an injector and turbo. The transmission was rebuild with all top quality parts with some performance upgrades and a Dynamic Transmission Parts custom valve body just recently.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thank you sir. I am going about 7k on both but that is because mine eats oil not much though. Topic for another discussion. I don't have any blow by.
I'm going to keep an eye out for part outs around me. Might could snag a fass, you never know.
Trans fluids I think I am going to do yearly regardless of mileage.
I just switched to a GM gov pressure and swapped solenoids when I did the trans maintenance. Figure its only a matter of time before the bands and OD start to give.
Wish there was a way on this board to 'like' a post from a Mobile phone. Oh well. But you have my like. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah, mine uses oil also. It gets worse the more miles I have on an oil change. I’m starting to suspect valve stem seals and turbo. When I get the money saved I’ll buy an upgrade HE351CW turbo and install valve seals.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mine also uses oil but I suspect it’s from a small leak I have on the front of the engine that I can find out where it’s coming from but it’s just enough to give a nice little anti rust coating but not enough to drip onto the ground. But might also be a combination of the 2 turbos and the small leak up front

Reactions: Broncowilly

·
Registered
41 Posts
This weekend, I went for the factory foglight install, easy - new switch, cable assembly and the lights, no big deal. all factory stuff

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well forgot to post but other day did oil change and fuel filters change and the FASS is worth every single penny the factory fuel filter was still brand new but I still changed it being they only cost a few dollars

·
Registered
20 Posts
Un hooked the power door lock to the RR door. It sticks and you can not open the door at the worst times....lol. My granddaughter was in the backseat this time, in her car seat. Grrrrrrr... Yes I need a new door latch.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi installed a new to me used Fab four winch bumper from a 2016 Ram 3500 a bit of Fab work to mount on a 2003 truck. I need to add a filler of some sort under the headlight other than that it fits good.

Attachments

5541 - 5560 of 5942 Posts