Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 15072 Posts

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start a thread for everyone to discuss what they may have done to their truck on a daily basis. Rather than create a new thread for each and every thing, perhaps this will be a good one to discuss things.

Today I had to go out and buy some cheap mud flaps. My aluminum diamond plate running boards were stolen a few days ago, and I want to try to deflect some road debris as I ponder where I may find some more, and if I can afford them. I screwed the cheapie flaps in to the front fender wells and hope they do a decent job, especially on gravel roads.

·
Registered
555 Posts
changes the oil and all the filters, greased the front end and all the u joints. where did you have your truck parked that they felt safe enough to unbolt your running baords?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Pulltilbroke made some sweet mudflaps out of an old aluminum toolbox of somthing and screwed a cummins license plate on the bottom and they look great, in gona make some but mine will have john deere old logo plates on them.:confused013: At least i think it was pulltilbroke.

Dar

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Verified that the recently machined pressure and reaction plates will center the forward & intermediate clutch-pacs on their associated hubs (auto trans thing). Will put it all back together as soon as I figure out what I'm gonna do with the overdrive planet.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dropped the Trans to change out the rear main seal & trans pump seal...also put in new door pins and bushings and replaced the rocker cover gaskets, which i painted the covers hemi orange....i think thats everything

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
gutted the afc and installed 3200 rpm spring. now i just gotta fix that dam overdrive

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
did a little more pump tweaking, changed some wires around so the power windows work with the key in acc too, not just on.

found that both end joints in my 1 year old steering center link are toasted. time to rain hellfire down on autozone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Put most of the interior back in, seats, seat belts, etc after bedlining the new floor pans

·
Registered
20 Posts
Changed the oil, oil filter and fuel filter... Filled up the truck with 10.09 gallons of diesel from Fred Meyers and checked my milage... 20.89mpg not too bad for a 1990 W350.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
yesterday i pulled the headliner, and finshed my cold air intake as i noticed my air filter fell off :doh:
ch

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
replaced headlight. fooled around with overdrive which still dont work.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Put new 285's on the 07 getting ready to put new 315's on the dually friday.:doh:

·
Registered
395 Posts
well....i didnt really do anything constructive but i did blow both of my motor mounts today....the old cummins is just sitting in there at the moment. in the garage tomarrow i guess.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I replaced the 12cm housing with an 18, went for a test drive. Egt's dropped 150*. Then looked at my 366 spring on the bench

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
what did you have to do exactly to get them to work on ACC??
i used a good fuse tap and took power off the cigarette ligter fuse slot and ran it to the window slot. There is a really good fuse tap availible, it plugs into the fuse slot and has two slots built in, one for the existing circuit and one for the new accessory. it then has a 4 or 5 inch pigtail you can attach to whatever you like. I believe i got mine from napa.

the windows have a 40 amp circuit breaker in place of the standard blade fuse, but i wouldnt worry about overloading the circuit. I test ran the windows with a 20 amp fuse and it had no problems, so as long as your not running your windows up and down with a massive inverter plugged into your lighter socket, youll be fine.

Reactions: Utah1stgen

·
Registered
718 Posts
drove around town for a bit and went on the highway, noticed that at a higher RPM before it shifted into O/D it smokes black like crazy

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i put a clutch and rear u-joint in most recently.. the brass hammer got the best of me.

1 - 20 of 15072 Posts