Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
2.1 with lbf and it is nice.... only complaint is seems to down shift little to easy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is that the ER tune or the regular tune? I got both sets when I ordered mine.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk
Not sure if that was directed to me... ER tune? Sorry for the brain fart this morning.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My listing of downloads has tunes with an ER for emissions removed as listed in the description of the tune.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
My listing of downloads has tunes with an ER for emissions removed as listed in the description of the tune.

using Tapatalk
Mine says CMER SOTF 0-200HP LBF W/TCM V2.1D :wink2:

·
Registered
452 Posts
These are what I have.
Need to know, do I have to flash with the entire system intack before tearing it all out or can I do the flash after the mechanical is done? Asking because I know some require a clean, code free ecu to start while others don't.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
618 Posts
No you can flash whenever you want. Just make sure your batteries are fully charged and I recommend unhooking the grid heater cable at the pass battery and then having a battery charger hooked up with 5 amp charge if possible.

·
Registered
452 Posts
That makes me even more sure of my choice. Bought real tunes and not just some code hider.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
These are what I have.
Need to know, do I have to flash with the entire system intack before tearing it all out or can I do the flash after the mechanical is done? Asking because I know some require a clean, code free ecu to start while others don't.

using Tapatalk
When i did mine i was told to flash while everything is in tack so if there are issues you arent chasing your tail to find them. I flashed mine, drove for 2 or 3 days and then proceeded.

When flashing, give the system 60 seconds between key turns. You'll pop an ABS code if you dont....ask me how i know lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey, I know I have to install to stof switch, but do I have to leave the Cummins cable installed all the time or can I attach and detach as needed?

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. Running the cmer ER stof 0-200 lbf v2.1 right now. Working on the relearn.
Anybody experience a surge when trans shifts up at low throttle values?

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. Running the cmer ER stof 0-200 lbf v2.1 right now. Working on the relearn.
Anybody experience a surge when trans shifts up at low throttle values?

using Tapatalk
Like the truck jerks a little on the 1-2 and 2-3 upshifts? Mine is doing that.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yup. Anybody have a revision that does not seem to throttle blip under light throttle upshifts?

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
Since driven more, the shifts have calmed down. They are firm but not out of place. I think it will take mine longer to settle in as I have the trans bypass removed so my trans runs pretty cool.
The throttle is kinda sensitive during this time. From those with experience, does the non lbf tune have a less jumpy throttle feel?

using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I got the opportunity to drive a truck with CTT tuning. It was running ER Stock power with 2.1 TCM tuning.

I liked the engine tune. The trans tuning might take some getting use to... I felt, when just cruising around, it was staying high in the RPM's. The 3-4 shift doesn't happen until 1830rpms (@38mph). For the most part, you'd need to do your cruising at 40/50/60, anything between 35-40/45-50/55-60 just seems like the rpms are too high.

Also, the exhaust brake without tow/haul acts pretty much just like it did beforehand with tow/haul. Takes you from whatever speed to a crawl with no brake pedal use. This would be another thing to get use to...

The trans apparently went thru a 50+ mile learning period of stop and go under 30% throttle. His CVI's looked good... I can only assume everything is working as it should.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I got the opportunity to drive a truck with CTT tuning. It was running ER Stock power with 2.1 TCM tuning.

I liked the engine tune. The trans tuning might take some getting use to... I felt, when just cruising around, it was staying high in the RPM's. The 3-4 shift doesn't happen until 1830rpms (@38mph). For the most part, you'd need to do your cruising at 40/50/60, anything between 35-40/45-50/55-60 just seems like the rpms are too high.

Also, the exhaust brake without tow/haul acts pretty much just like it did beforehand with tow/haul. Takes you from whatever speed to a crawl with no brake pedal use. This would be another thing to get use to...

The trans apparently went thru a 50+ mile learning period of stop and go under 30% throttle. His CVI's looked good... I can only assume everything is working as it should.
I switched to the ER 0-180 2.1tcm tuning. Stock power was kinda weak and seamed to be a little on the lean side for fuel. I am running setting 3 and like the fuel at the moment. Shifts at normal throttle are not hard but they do run up in revs, just like when I was manually locking out gears. The Rev range is more like a manual than the shift to top gear automatics of today. Still going through the relearn but I like it alot so far. Just wish I had done this sooner.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just hit 300kms of deleted mileage on ER 0-180 2.1 Tcm Tuning. Considering trying 3.3 since my truck is a 2018 but I want to drive it for a bit before I gotta live through trans relearn again. Like it so far but I am finding much the same as many others have said with the Trans Tuning and shift points. It really holds the gear and 3-4 is usually not smooth. I am getting used to it but it has changed how I drive the truck a bit. Its winter here now seems like the road is never dry so I can’t say I have really felt the power yet just a bunch of tire spin but I can feel the potential. Looking forward to dry pavement.

Has anyone else felt like their truck high idles by itself when its cold inconsistently and sometimes for no good reason when its nearly at temperature other times not when it really should. Also turning the exhaust break on to speed up warming the truck up doesn’t seem to get the same whistle everytime I do it. Sometimes it seems to change nothing having it on.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
How does CTT go about changing their transmission tuning? Is it upon request or do they need multiple requests? I’ve been watching my rpms and I think shifting at 1830rpms would drive me nuts.

Also, is there a version where the exhaust brake isn’t so crazy. Stock, you just have to hit tow/haul, ctt seemed excessive then extremely excessive...

41 - 60 of 379 Posts