Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

401 - 420 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You have to request the intact tunes if you ordered deleted tunes and vice versa.

They have awesome CS, a call away and they will provide whatever tunes you request.
Thanks again. Do they charge for that, Can you have access to both? I ordered the delete tunes but might not get around to actually doing it for a bit and would be nice to try it intact to see what it is like

·
Registered
799 Posts
No charge if your got the lifetime support. Just send them a mess through the chat and they will send them to you or tell you what to do.

Reactions: mtnrider

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ramhunter18 is correct!

·
Registered
476 Posts
And if you start from the begining of this thread, you will find guys describing each version. But, you need to load a tune and see how your truck reacts. Each is different. Once you know how your truck responds to a specific tune you can then compare to what guys are saying. My truck hated the 2.1 tunes with smoke and the 3-4 shift on the 1.7.9 tune was obnoxiously hard.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you for response and Well said. So I ended up re-tuning with a cmer 2.0 0-180hp sotf with unlocked shifts. During the trans relearn (only did 35 miles) so far it shifted alot like the factory shifting in the smoothness and a bit of a flare shift. I do not mind the flare shift. Time will tell how well it performs. I dont race my truck, but I do use it as it is intended for.
is the 2.1B unlocked shifts ?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Just got my Ezlynk and connected up to CTT :) . They really need better explanations of what some of the tunes are, what each level is, what changed etc. Some are not bad but others don't say much of anythingso hard to tell what changed etc?

What is CMER and ER? I see some that are CMER and others that are CMER ER. Someone on here said that ER was intact but I asked for a couple of intact and they both say "intact" and not ER. One also says CMER and the other does not.

Also, has anyone done a trans "quick learn" after flashing a tune? Is it worth doing? I have AlfaOBD and it has the ability to do it so was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea?

·
Registered
799 Posts
There not all explained or well for that matter, but there far better than anyone elses tunes. You can always send them a chat and inquire about a certain tune. Most company's dont and wont tell you anything about there tunes. cmer and er are both removed just depends on who typed it up that day. Quick learn is always go but do it when up to temp and not sure how the alfa does but the ezlynk sucks at it

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
There not all explained or well for that matter, but there far better than anyone elses tunes. You can always send them a chat and inquire about a certain tune. Most company's dont and wont tell you anything about there tunes. cmer and er are both removed just depends on who typed it up that day. Quick learn is always go but do it when up to temp and not sure how the alfa does but the ezlynk sucks at it
Do you know what CMER and ER mean? As far as descriptions, wasn't so much looking for "inside" information, just basic info on what the tunes does. What HP levels, locked shifts or not and when? etc. So say, some don't.

They are very responsive. I asked for a couple of intact tunes and they sent them within 15-20 minutes. Just didn't want to ask a million questions right off the bat. Thought I would fish around a little so I don't ask a bunch of stupid questions.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Cummins emissions removed and emissions removed
I was not implying you wanted inside info...lol
Just meant most won't tell you Jack about anything
Did you get sotf tunes?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Cummins emissions removed and emissions removed
I was not implying you wanted inside info...lol
Just meant most won't tell you Jack about anything
Did you get sotf tunes?
So whats the difference in those 2 or are they one and the same? (CMER/ER)

Yes I got the SOTF tunes.

I'm really just wanting something low key, no smoke, not needing big power. I love they way the truck drives right now but my DPF is starting to give me issues so here I am.

·
Registered
799 Posts
No difference. Screen shot what you have

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Question on the SOTF switch and tune levels. I could have sworn I read somewhere that the 2014-2018? trucks only have 4 tunes using the switch and not 5? Is that true? I tried to go back and find where I read that but couldn't find it. Also what HP levels are each one? CTT shows these levels (for a 0-180 tune) but if you only have 4 what are they and which one did they drop. And what position on the switch does nothing if you only have 4, 1 or 5?... Or am I just dreaming I read that?

• 0 HP – Optimized Stock
  • 30 HP – Tow
  • 80 HP – Sport
  • 130 HP – Performance
  • 180+ HP – Maxx Effort
Truck is a 2016 btw..

I just installed everything this weekend. Started with the Intact 2.1 SOTF W/TCM tuning but did not like the shifting, specifically holding 5th for so long. I drive lazy country back roads most of the time and kind of like the stock trans shifting for that.

When I wasn't happy with that I went ahead and tackled removing everything and went with CMER ER SOTF 0-180hp V2.1. This does not have TCM tuning and while it is still in re-learn I like it better so far.

Anyone have any recommendations on any other tunes that have the most "stock like" behavior for TCM tuning?

I don't have anything above the 2.1 series at this point. (1.6.9, 1.6.9.1, 1.7.9, 2.0, 2.1, .2.1B, 2.1D etc.)

·
Registered
799 Posts
There is 5 levels, some go to 180 so 200 on #5
Screenshot_2020-08-23-09-48-47.png

·
Registered
799 Posts
Try the 2.1B it has a 4th gear lockup and feels closer to stock as you will most likely find. I'll let you know if I can get the 3.6 for my 14 tomo and if so it will work for your 16 and I think you will like it the best

Reactions: mtnrider

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
There is 5 levels, some go to 180 so 200 on #5 View attachment 910031
Thanks. I don't know where I read that there was only enough memory or something for 4 tunes on certain years? Could have sworn I saw that though.

Let me know about the 3.6 versions. Would be curious to try that. Do they have any 3.x series that do not have TCM tuning?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks. I don't know where I read that there was only enough memory or something for 4 tunes on certain years? Could have sworn I saw that though.

Let me know about the 3.6 versions. Would be curious to try that. Do they have any 3.x series that do not have TCM tuning?

EZ Lynk has 5 tunes. The 4 you remember seeing is for EFI Live. EFI SOTF for your year tuck is only 4 tunes.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
EZ Lynk has 5 tunes. The 4 you remember seeing is for EFI Live. EFI SOTF for your year tuck is only 4 tunes.
Yep, I just was looking around and that is exactly it. I knew I had seen it somewhere but didn't realize it was EFI only. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Anyone having constant disconnect issues with the Auto Agent app? I have it running on a tablet and it is constantly dropping and coming back. I tried setting it to a static IP (some people said that helps) but didn't seem to make a difference?

Very frustrating as I am trying to use the tablet as a monitor and it's constantly dropping out?

I would just go back to using torque pro like I was before but like many have experienced, tuning somehow screws up a lot of PIDs that used to work before?

401 - 420 of 457 Posts