It shows adjustable parameters

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
All Stock
118 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
If it has udt tuning, you go to the lightning bolt in the upper right corner of the gauges screen. This allows you to access the can commands. Those are how you make the changes.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Curious how many of yall are running tunes without head studs?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just turning the key and going. No real magic to run a tune without studs.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just turning the key and going. No real magic to run a tune without studs.

using Tapatalk
Sorry, couldn't resist.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Curious how many of yall are running tunes without head studs?
I am sure there are quote a few out there that do. With my track record, the first thing I did after deleting was head studs as I knew once I deleted it would be a slow painful process for my wallet and hurt even more if I lifted a head. Cheap insurance I suppose.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I suppose youre right 😂.

I just ask cause i just got a code for the DEF pump... Almost same price to just delete and not have to worry anymore. Just replaced DEF injector 3 weeks ago.... Got a 2016 3500(havent been on in years so havent updated my sig).

Im in same boat as you farmerpap... I just know how i drive. Was curious if the newer 4th gens still having easy to blow gaskets like i remember when i was on all the time. Barely have the money to delete dont have the extra 450 for studs right now on top of it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I suppose youre right 😂.

I just ask cause i just got a code for the DEF pump... Almost same price to just delete and not have to worry anymore. Just replaced DEF injector 3 weeks ago.... Got a 2016 3500(havent been on in years so havent updated my sig).

Im in same boat as you farmerpap... I just know how i drive. Was curious if the newer 4th gens still having easy to blow gaskets like i remember when i was on all the time. Barely have the money to delete dont have the extra 450 for studs right now on top of it.
Ive done a few deletes for acquaintances and a few of them have yet to put head studs in but also drive like their grandfather's did so no need. If you are going to hotrod your truck around town or turn it up to 11 on weekends I'd do them. If not, your right foot is your best friend.

·
All Stock
118 Posts
I suppose youre right .

I ran H&S box tunes for 130k without studs. Did not hot rod like most people and made sure to let her warm up properly before playing a little. Still make sure everything is warmed up before any spirited driving. Haven't lifted my head. It entirely depends on your foot and how you treat the truck whether you will be safe or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Has anyone used both CTT tunes and firepunk tunes? Looking for differences between them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So can the CCV switch be removed if running 4.0 and then just use the CAN command tune level switching?

·
Registered
142 Posts
So can the CCV switch be removed if running 4.0 and then just use the CAN command tune level switching?
Yes. Just made the switch from single tune files and didn't need to buy a switch.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Flashed 4.0 tonight and my initial impression is good. I set fuel to 4 and shifts to 5 before I went out for the trans relearn. I’ll finish up the relearn tomorrow morning.

One thing I noticed was exhaust manifold pressure reading was higher than on my last tune. What are most people seeing for their exhaust manifold:boost ratios?

Does anyone else have a clunk when letting off the throttle or canceling cruise? I didn’t notice it with my old tune and I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the trans tuning.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well Sat was the big day... I remember seeing predominantly 2.1 tunes when reading thru the thread. So i downloaded 2.1D 30hp with tcm tuning... Only complaint is how it almost completely skips 4th gear when you are runnin little more on the throttle then normal accel. Havent looked at actual % but id guess around 45-50% throttle. Runs great 1-2-3 then at the top of 3rd it shifts to 4th then almost immediately to 5th and drops to 1500 rpm. Anybody else experiencing this? Also any new updates on favorite tunes?

I put almost 300 miles on truck before going over 30% throttle cause im super paranoid about messing something up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’ve been running 4.0 for about 300 miles now. The reason I switched to CTT from another tuner was so I could get transmission tuning.

Some things I have noticed about this new tune...
I really like the transmission tuning and I am glad I now have that added protection. However, I have yet to see a locked shift no matter that CAN command I use. Maybe just needs more time to relearn. I don’t know. As far as the shift firmness goes I’ve played around with a few. Started the relearn on 5. Then later on tried 3 and now I’m at 7. I think the higher the number the quicker the shift. I don’t know if others notice the same thing.
I’ve been running tune level 3, fuel on 7. I have been using fuel on 7 for two reasons. When I talked to CTT they explained the fuel settings as 5 half LBF and 7 full LBF. I like the low boost fueling response a little more than not. Second, I see lower exhaust manifold pressures when running it on 7.

The bad about this tune. I feel like it’s very underpowered compared to my last tune. I’ve got to be at least 30% throttle to get it moving and closer to 45-50% to merge on the freeway. My last set of tunes I could be up and moving around 20-25% and merging was 30-35%. Next, is exhaust manifold pressure. I was at a 1:1 ratio or dang close to it before this. Now I very often see a 1:2 and sometimes higher boost:exhaust manifold pressure ratio. I don’t like seeing those numbers but I was told with a VGT it’s not possible to lower them and keep good drivability. I don’t know about that because I experienced it on my last tunes.
So far I’m about 50-50 with these tunes. I’ll be doing a turbo upgrade soon so we will see how it does after that.

341 - 360 of 379 Posts