Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just flashed with an EZ Lynk and CTT tune and just finished my relearn. Im currently running the 30HP W/TCM Tuning 2.1

Whats everyone else using?

·
Registered
7 Posts
just ordered my tuner from ctt so I am curious what you all run. Mileage, Power, Drivability, least smoking, ETC. What is the prefered tune?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just ordered my tuner from ctt so I am curious what you all run. Mileage, Power, Drivability, least smoking, ETC. What is the prefered tune?
I just tuned mine this weekend but will have to again since i forgot to put in my tire size. Speedometer was about 5-6 mph slower than actual.

I called CTT and explained what i was looking for and my driving style (DD not looking for massive power just a little more response) and he recommended the above.

From everything i read, they overly stress the 30-40 mile break in after tuning. Definitely not something you tune and then go race everyone you know

·
Registered
469 Posts
Running 3.3 tune as well. Just got an email today from them saying to switch to 3.4 as they have made some changes that effect on longevity. So I guess I'll be switching to it tomorrow.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I will be placing my order this month for CTT, with Trans tuning, was thinking of doing the 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body as well

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm running the latest update after installing stock/s400 compounds. I previously was running 3.0 and I can tell some major changes in the trans tuning. 3rd gear lockup is gone now and there is no shift flares also after adding compounds I get no more than a haze at wot. Truck runs very clean and smooth now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have been running the 3.2 beta SOTF w/TCM for about 9k miles. I like the trans tuning. For the engine tuning it seems to be a bit more Smokey than the 2.1 I was running. I dont wide open throttle my truck at all and it is my daily driver.
I noticed that the ez lynk does not show the tune level 1-5 anymore when you use the sotf to change power levels. Anyone else lose this feature?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have been running the 3.2 beta SOTF w/TCM for about 9k miles. I like the trans tuning. For the engine tuning it seems to be a bit more Smokey than the 2.1 I was running. I dont wide open throttle my truck at all and it is my daily driver.
I noticed that the ez lynk does not show the tune level 1-5 anymore when you use the sotf to change power levels. Anyone else lose this feature?
I haven't been tuned long enough to have that feature I guess.. That would be nice though. Seems logical to let the user know his switch is working.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I haven't been tuned long enough to have that feature I guess.. That would be nice though. Seems logical to let the user know his switch is working.
One of the pid use to say "TS" for tune setting. not sure if CTT removed it or what, but it was nice.

as for tuning i have actually just re-tuned with v2.1B sotf 0-200 w/tcm. Don't have very many miles beside the trans relearn procedure so far. I feel my truck runs smoother and cleaner with the 2.1 over the 3.2 beta. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
164 Posts
One of the pid use to say "TS" for tune setting. not sure if CTT removed it or what, but it was nice.

as for tuning i have actually just re-tuned with v2.1B sotf 0-200 w/tcm. Don't have very many miles beside the trans relearn procedure so far. I feel my truck runs smoother and cleaner with the 2.1 over the 3.2 beta. I guess time will tell.
In your last post, you mentioned the tunes being smokey. Mine are super clean, at least to the point I cant see any in the rear view. Where were the shift points in 3.2?

In the V3.3, mine goes from 1st to 2nd quickly, into 3rd at ~15mph, locks 3rd at 25mph, shifts into 4th at 35mph, into 5th at ~50mph, and into 6th at 60mph.

1 - 20 of 379 Posts