Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, which one should I go with? I am running 175 hs tune and air dog and want to upgrade cp3 so I can run 225 tune. Later I will be adding 120 or 150 injectors and a turbo. I am also goin to do the 625 arp stud. What do you all think.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Call John over at Floor It Diesel and he will get ya what ya need. Just tell him your mods and your goals and he will get ya the right pump..

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't waste you time with the 225 tune. Cp3's depend on how much your wanting to spend, but as I was told" you never can go too big"!
I was looking at the dragonslayer like you have, and I see that they have 300 off right now. How do you like yours?

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
I was looking at the dragonslayer like you have, and I see that they have 300 off right now. How do you like yours?
I love mine. It was designed for a dedicated puller that ran 200hp nozzles and never had any issues. He actually one the 2.6 or 2.8 ( can't remember) pulling division in 2009 with this pump. So personally I can run hd175 with 75hp nozzles and hold over 26k rp all day long.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I ran a dragonslayer with my 90hp injectors and it did great on sw9 on regular smarty programing. It didnt do so well on the tnt programs, couldnt keep up... my vote is for duals.

Reactions: wv/5.9/6.7

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
from my limited understanding of the complete setup. You really need to determine which tuning your gonna run. in theis case sounds like H&S 225 is the goal find out the specifics as much as you can on the tuning. tunes that are heavy fuelers down low are defiantley going to be feed much better by duals becasue they have much better flow on the bottom end/lower rpms. if your favorite tunes are more prone to top/higher RPM fuelers then a bigger single should work FINE. I have heard good about Wicked, floor-it, and Industrial Cp3.

Reactions: wv/5.9/6.7

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
My vote is for the FloorIt cp3 hands down... Great guys there to deal with and spend the time with you to understand exactly what your after/need...

Didn't see in your signature or information on your truck if you have 1/2" fuel suction from tank to the CP3??? This will be a must have thing... If not check out the DrawStraw DSV with the big line kit, its a sweet suction unit that mounts in your fuel module in the tank...

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
My vote is for the FloorIt cp3 hands down... Great guys there to deal with and spend the time with you to understand exactly what your after/need...

Didn't see in your signature or information on your truck if you have 1/2" fuel suction from tank to the CP3??? This will be a must have thing... If not check out the DrawStraw DSV with the big line kit, its a sweet suction unit that mounts in your fuel module in the tank...
Why is the 1/2" line needed?? I am running a smaller line and have no problems keeping the fuel going to my stage 3.5 pump. And I have never installed a drawstraw either using factory pickup tube.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I ran a dragonslayer with my 90hp injectors and it did great on sw9 on regular smarty programing. It didnt do so well on the tnt programs, couldnt keep up... my vote is for duals.
How much flow over stock was the dragonslayer?? My floor it stage 3.5 has no problems keeping up with a large injector And a sled pulling tune from bullydog

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
I believe the dragon slayer is 85%. we are also talking 5.9 to 6.7 and bully dog to Smarty TNT lots of differences there guys.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I believe the dragon slayer is 85%. we are also talking 5.9 to 6.7 and bully dog to Smarty TNT lots of differences there guys.
Ok explain to me then
He was running a smarty and 90's with a dragonslayer and could not keep up
I am running a Bullydog,tst, 250 hp injectors with a floor it pump and have no problems. I think there was something wrong with the pump. The dragonslayer should have had no problems keeping up with a 90 hp injector

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I have the air dog II and fuel line that came with it. I think it was 1/2.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Im not familar enough with specific parameters for the Bully Dog tuning as far as fueling duartions, RP, what not. I do know that the 6.7 Smarty TNT SW1 is the same as standard SW 9, SW3 is added 20% duration, SW5 is another 20%, SW7 is another 20% and SW 9 is another 20%. So up to 80% added duration on 90 tips is a LOT of fuel. I know other that have ran TNT tunes with BIG CP3 and couldnt keep RP either. I dont remember RJP setup when he first started running 18TNT but I rmemeber he could drop RP and I believe he was running a Big modded pump under a DMax stocker. So he could still drop it with Dual CP3 pretty sure. MattPopp is running 150 HP injectors and does fine on RP pretty sure he is Floor it 3.5 which seems to be a MONSTER of a Pump.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have seen Johns Issacs (Floor It Diesel) pumps on trucks running on the dyno and trust me call him or Wally at FTE, Wally sells floor it pumps and they will get you what ya need.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Ok explain to me then
He was running a smarty and 90's with a dragonslayer and could not keep up
I am running a Bullydog,tst, 250 hp injectors with a floor it pump and have no problems. I think there was something wrong with the pump. The dragonslayer should have had no problems keeping up with a 90 hp injector
You answered part of it... bully dog lol ... And there was nothing wrong with my pump, I know this because I got it ran it for a day and broke a shaft in the pump, sent it back for repair, got it back and still ran the same. Trust me it was a HUGE difference over the stock cp3. And like I said it would hold regular programing just fine. And as buck said the tnt for the 6.7 is or was (at the time it was one of the beta versions) added alot of duration! I could run the tnt sw3 but anything over that and it wouldnt keep up. Seems like I remember someone running dual cp3's that couldnt even keep up with the higher tnt tunes... i dont remember for sure that was last year. non the less like I said the dragonslayer was a HUGE increase over stock BUT you have to watch what tunnning you run. Anything over sw3 on the tnt and my rail pressure would drop to less than 15k in seconds... so if your going to run 150's I would get as much cp3 as your budget allows. If I ever go back to a common rail it will have duals, hands down.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
You answered part of it... bully dog lol ... And there was nothing wrong with my pump, I know this because I got it ran it for a day and broke a shaft in the pump, sent it back for repair, got it back and still ran the same. Trust me it was a HUGE difference over the stock cp3. And like I said it would hold regular programing just fine. And as buck said the tnt for the 6.7 is or was (at the time it was one of the beta versions) added alot of duration! I could run the tnt sw3 but anything over that and it wouldnt keep up. Seems like I remember someone running dual cp3's that couldnt even keep up with the higher tnt tunes... i dont remember for sure that was last year. non the less like I said the dragonslayer was a HUGE increase over stock BUT you have to watch what tunnning you run. Anything over sw3 on the tnt and my rail pressure would drop to less than 15k in seconds... so if your going to run 150's I would get as much cp3 as your budget allows. If I ever go back to a common rail it will have duals, hands down.
I can not run dual pumps and still pull in my class.yeah bullydog does not make power I only did 719 at the rear wheels with it wonder what the smarty could have done . Single pump and turbo:doh:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I just have never been a bullydog fan, im sure they are great. To each his own.
I made right at 700 with just the regular program on sw9

1 - 18 of 18 Posts