Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
It’s one part that I’m getting for free, if it doesn’t fix it no biggie. I’m getting injectors next year.
Hate to tell you, it could be a biggie, See a lot 2005+ 5.9 Cummins with broken damaged rings/pistons from fuel injector issues. Rings are gapped different to meet emission requirements, if injectors are worn fuel not spraying properly, wash cylinder and could cause damage , requiring R&R of engine.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hate to tell you, it could be a biggie, See a lot 2005+ 5.9 Cummins with broken damaged rings/pistons from fuel injector issues. Rings are gapped different to meet emission requirements, if injectors are worn fuel not spraying properly, wash cylinder and could cause damage , requiring R&R of engine.
Well all I can hope is that the injectors make it another 9 months till they are replaced. UNLESS this fca change out fixes it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Let us know if that solves your problem.
Well I changed the fca and fuel filter again and problem still exists. However my friend hooked up his POD and did and cylinder efficiency test which measures I guess you could say the amount of OOPH each cylinder produces at idle. And at idle and 1 & 2 were at 100 3 was at 98-100 and 4 was at 90. 5 & 6 were at 100 as well. Oh well Injectors coming soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I changed the fca and fuel filter again and problem still exists. However my friend hooked up his POD and did and cylinder efficiency test which measures I guess you could say the amount of OOPH each cylinder produces at idle. And at idle and 1 & 2 were at 100 3 was at 98-100 and 4 was at 90. 5 & 6 were at 100 as well. Oh well Injectors coming soon.
you’ll be glad you did the injectors. I just rolled a set of High flow Bosch remans in mine last week. Completely different truck. Idles quieter, starts better, rev hang completely gone, (thought it was the OE clutch at 214k finally dying, nope just horrendous rev hang)practically zero smoke now, and drives and tows sooo much better.

Yeah, it’s expensive. I think including core I was 2800$ for injectors, (-300 for the cores eventually) new cross tubes, a new FCA, (which is getting returned as I decided to just put a CP3 it soon, PRV, and pressure sensor. But I’m 15 years in on this truck and haven’t really had to do much to it. Despite all of the money I’ve thrown at it lately for a quiet exhaust, hellwig sway bar, and injectors, it’s still so much cheaper than a new one it’s not even funny.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
you’ll be glad you did the injectors. I just rolled a set of High flow Bosch remans in mine last week. Completely different truck. Idles quieter, starts better, rev hang completely gone, (thought it was the OE clutch at 214k finally dying, nope just horrendous rev hang)practically zero smoke now, and drives and tows sooo much better.

Yeah, it’s expensive. I think including core I was 2800$ for injectors, (-300 for the cores eventually) new cross tubes, a new FCA, (which is getting returned as I decided to just put a CP3 it soon, PRV, and pressure sensor. But I’m 15 years in on this truck and haven’t really had to do much to it. Despite all of the money I’ve thrown at it lately for a quiet exhaust, hellwig sway bar, and injectors, it’s still so much cheaper than a new one it’s not even funny.
I have no choice but injectors lol. If I want maximum power with efi live I need to replace the injectors.

·
Registered
73 Posts
RomeoOne, where did you get your new injectors?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thought bbi and injectors direct where the only ones you could get TRUE brand new injectors.

·
Trying to learn
5,849 Posts

He didn't get new, he bought remans.

Reactions: rghavana

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did you get the new version of the BMS50s?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts