Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,239 Posts
By the way out of curiosity, how is BBI able to list reman injectors and new injectors on the website if bosch is the only one that truly sells new injectors?
BBI buys parts directly from Bosch. Remember they are ex-Bosch engineers so they have established sources for new parts. Their new injectors are just that, all new parts with customizations and extended QC.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awesome, thanks guys. Being that injectors direct is completely certified and approved by Bosch themselves, I’ll be buying from there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not pulling for BBI but here is something to think about straight from them: "Our customers are reporting upwards of 250,000 miles with our remanufactured injectors and upwards of 400,000 miles with our brand new injectors". Also, you do not need to send in your old injectors to BBI when you buy new, you will with Bosch. I like the fact that BBI goes the extra mile with their engineering of closer tolerances, better balancing when you buy a set, and no injector noise. BBI also stated that you need to use a 3-micron fuel filtration system to realize long mileage longevity.
So, when comes time for me to replace mine I think I will lean on BBI. I just wish they would offer a kit as Bosch does at "Injectors Direct".

Dennis

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm kinda torn between injectors direct and BBI. Injectors direct has the 3 year warranty with the bosch new oem injectors. And BBI has tighter tolerances and bosch certifaction, but high prices and only a 2 warranty and they arn't coming directly from bosch themselves. Even though, they worked for bosch. Torn torn torn.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I'm kinda torn between injectors direct and BBI. Injectors direct has the 3 year warranty with the bosch new oem injectors. And BBI has tighter tolerances and bosch certifaction, but high prices and only a 2 warranty and they arn't coming directly from bosch themselves. Even though, they worked for bosch. Torn torn torn.
Do the math.
How long did your OEM injectors last? How long are the BBI injectors claiming to last (miles)?

Pick your poison. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

When it's time for mine, I'm going BBI. As an engineer myself, I support what they're doing. Taking the engineering they know, and refining the manufacturing process to make something unheard of...reliable reman injectors!

Bosch has a good thing going obviously. They've found a process, materials, etc to make VERY reliable new injectors. BBI is taking that engineering to another level and spreading it over more applications. They're offering reliability and cost savings to the consumer. I support a company who puts time, R&D into a stable product, then backs it.

But being my background, when I end up needing to talk to them, we'll be talking shop. I want the enginerd version, not just "tighter" tolerances are better. I want to hold the spoon when I'm fed:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Do the math.
How long did your OEM injectors last? How long are the BBI injectors claiming to last (miles)?

Pick your poison. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

When it's time for mine, I'm going BBI. As an engineer myself, I support what they're doing. Taking the engineering they know, and refining the manufacturing process to make something unheard of...reliable reman injectors!

Bosch has a good thing going obviously. They've found a process, materials, etc to make VERY reliable new injectors. BBI is taking that engineering to another level and spreading it over more applications. They're offering reliability and cost savings to the consumer. I support a company who puts time, R&D into a stable product, then backs it.

But being my background, when I end up needing to talk to them, we'll be talking shop. I want the enginerd version, not just "tighter" tolerances are better. I want to hold the spoon when I'm fed:)
Good luck trying to get BBI to spill any beans of secrets or engineering I just talked to Martin and it was hard to get much from him lol. However he did say the new injectors are literally new. They order all parts from bosch including new bodies, and they also said all injectors, reman or new go threw 500 different tests in their facility before leaving. I thought that was cool. My original injectors are at 228k and still going. How much longer, idk. They both make a good product. It comes down to a few hundred dollars and a 1 year longer warranty. That's it. I have time to decide which route I'll go.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
For stock or close to stock hp, new Bosch will work fine.
If planning to add more fuel/air in future get new BBI, and start saving for transmission;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yessir. I'm going to go with stock injectors and firepunk will be my trans with their efi live tuning.:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have, I had a trans from them once before and had no issues. Customer service was about 50/50. They need to focus on business and stop going to events and racing. They used to be trans gods, now they are just the average trans shop. But since I didn't have an issue with the last trans I'll go for another. If by chance it turns into a **** show, nothing like lawyers and stuff will correct them(y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just read through all of this, my 06 (271K miles) is starting to stutter the same as your's. However only after I driven it around and it warms up. Doesn't do it cold. Rev it up to about 1500 and let go, and she stutters on the way down. Again, only after I've driven around for a few miles and she warms up. Carfax didn't say anything about injectors or mechanical repairs when I bought it a few weeks ago. So I'm assuming they are stock injectors. Guess I need to save up for the BBI's....

·
Trying to learn
5,874 Posts
Fuel Control Actuator.
No need to change until there are symptoms of it not functioning properly.
Or be like some and throw parts at it instead of proper diagnostics.

Reactions: rghavana

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It’s one part that I’m getting for free, if it doesn’t fix it no biggie. I’m getting injectors next year.

·
Trying to learn
5,874 Posts
Wasn't really meaning you, there are a lot of people that have posted here that do that and then come here for help.

Reactions: rghavana
21 - 40 of 52 Posts