Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from my sig what type of clutch material would you choose i dont tow alot but I do some i would really like to go with valair i was kinda thinkin full feramic how do they drive:thumbsup
thanks wes

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Full ceramics are a real grabby clutch for any type of towing & daily driving. not saying it is impossible to tow with it or daily drive it but there are some better choices offered by Valair that you wont find anywhere else. As long as you do not do boosted launches or drop the clutch at high rpms a Kevlar/Ceramic would be great. the smooth operation of a stock type unit for daily driving and great towing but with the holding power of the ceramic.

John:thumbsup

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kevlar is so :$:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have that clutch and so far I am loveing it, just a little more grabby than stock but not bad at all. Talk to jbarker
he set me up with one at a good price.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
But if treated right it will last a long time for a high performing clutch that can hold the power. And only one side is Kevlar the other is ceramic so it isn't to bad compared to what else is out there that will hold the power and be a smooth operating set up.

John:beer

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what horse rating are they

·
Registered
205 Posts
Take a look here. Shoot him an offer. He is a good guy, the only one I will let work on my truck!!

DD clutches

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Take a look here. Shoot him an offer. He is a good guy, the only one I will let work on my truck!!

DD clutches
You can get the same clutch new w/ hydros for that price :w:, but I would recommend the 3250 SBC DD, Im liking mine quite a bit little harder pedal pressure, but very quite and holds everything Im throwing at it.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I need a new clutch but can't decide what I need..

Im gonna be ditching the Edge for a Smarty so I can run a high power setting and I'm planning on getting a lift pump too.. don't tow heavy just a 4500lb enclosed trailer.

I've heard good things about the Con OFE but Im curious how daily driver friendly the 3250 DD is.. anyone have some input?

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can get the same clutch new w/ hydros for that price :w:, but I would recommend the 3250 SBC DD, Im liking mine quite a bit little harder pedal pressure, but very quite and holds everything Im throwing at it.
Well if your interested, shoot him an offer. Cash talks and he doesnt want them just collecting dust, does no one any good.

·
Registered
941 Posts
South Bend!! I have the 3600 12CB sprung hub and love it!!

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
For anyone that tows most everyday of the week like I do, the SB Con OFE is the way to go!!!!:thumbsup:hyper: I've got 10k miles on mine now and it's getting better and better all the time!!! I don't care what the hp junkies say!!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Well if your interested, shoot him an offer. Cash talks and he doesnt want them just collecting dust, does no one any good.
Im sorry I guess you didnt figure out what I posted. I just bought what your buddy is selling for 250 dollars less, but mine was brand new. So what Im saying is thats a terrible deal. So again Ill make it clear you can buy a SBC DD 3250 for under $1300 from a great vendor on here, which is awsome for an unbelieveable clutch :thumbsup :w:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Im sorry I guess you didnt figure out what I posted. I just bought what your buddy is selling for 250 dollars less, but mine was brand new. So what Im saying is thats a terrible deal. So again Ill make it clear you can buy a SBC DD 3250 for under $1300 from a great vendor on here, which is awsome for an unbelieveable clutch :thumbsup :w:
I havent been "on the scene" when it comes to clutches but where are you getting them that cheap? Are they SFI? Thats about what I paid for my FE.
I'm always happier to pay less for more.:hyper:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I daily drive a SB DD full ceramic, sprung hub clutch. Took a little getting use to, but been running it for about a year. No problems what so ever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts