Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be getting my 100hp injectors any day now, and I know that the next thing I need is a clutch. I will be getting an adrenaline w/pulse after that, but what clutch should I get? About 50% of the time I pull 12-15k lbs, but I occasionally pull up to 24k (just to jump my dozer from one place to another). Do I need a DD or can I get away with a single? Also, do I have to upgrade my NV4500 or will it be ok as long as I'm not to rough with it? Thanks

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
If you want to have some fun get the DD but the single will work it just a little grabby

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What single should I get to hold the 100hp sicks and the adrenaline pulling heavy loads like this? Is there anything else I should do? I need to go as cheap as possible and still be reliable.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
A south bend con fe would hold but it would be a hell of a ride backing up a trailer.I would go DD and never look back.You cant do any racing and sled pulling with a single, u will melt it.Thats a pretty heavy load you pull, so you cant slip a single,it either in or out

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A south bend con fe would hold but it would be a hell of a ride backing up a trailer.I would go DD and never look back.You cant do any racing and sled pulling with a single, u will melt it.Thats a pretty heavy load you pull, so you cant slip a single,it either in or out
I agree, when i went to get my truck i had no idea how to drive a stick and think i melted the con fe on the way home. I had to drive 400 miles to get it. So with that being said i got the 3850 from south beend and love it, easier to drive, but you will also have to get upgraded hydraulics also. Well worth the money in my opinion :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do I have to upgrade the input shaft or will it be ok with the power I will have? A dd is about $1200 and hydraulics are about $250, so that is $1450, that will take me a while to save up for it. Would you reccomend the SB DD 3250 or 3850 or what?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.