Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in need of new clutch what to get? needs to hold 550+ hp daily driver,may hook to sled few times a year,be on drag strip afew times.Which one will hold up!:confused013:

·
Registered
98 Posts
i think im going with the southbend single disc rated at 550... i just need to know if it need hydraulics.... also the 3600 dd is great just depends on what u need it for... i was looking into valair but a friend that owns sauer disel performance told me hed never own another one :confused013:

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
valair. if you plan on hooking to a sled and raceing id prolly get the 3650 from them. i personaly run the 3850 but it can be kind of grabby

·
Registered
98 Posts
and to open this back up.... who has had problems with valair

·
Registered
886 Posts
I had great luck with South Bend when I had my other truck. Pedal pressure was lighter and it hooked up and did not complain when I was at 30,000 running over the pass.

The only thing that was a little bit of a pain was it grabbin when I was loaded and using reverse to move around in tight areas. I put a 2wd low range switch in which pretty much took care of that problem.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Valair Dual Disc 3650# or 3800#

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How Is Pedel Pressure With Sb Or Valair

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
in need of new clutch what to get? needs to hold 550+ hp daily driver,may hook to sled few times a year,be on drag strip afew times.Which one will hold up!:confused013:
my personal opinion is to go with a South bend 3250 12 cb DD. it will hold up to the sled pulling and the drag racing and also will be great on the street. it will also be able to handle more power when you decide that 550 isnt enough. which you will!

·
Banned
560 Posts
I'd go larger than a 3250#

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shot me some prices thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts