Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 cummins 5 speed it's got a juice with attitude, 4 inch exhaust, and fass pump and the stock vp44 injection pump, i dont plan on very many more mods, but I plan on doing a little towing and driving and gettin on it here and there, right now wen the edge is on 4 the stock clutch is starting to slip, what would be a nice strong clutch to buy???

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have had good luck with my valair kevlar/ceramic. It is more expensive than the straight ceramic and doesn't hold as much power, but it is smoother engaging. Straight ceramic is apparently like an on/off switch, engaged or disengaged. Trying to ease it/slip it is rough.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
x2 on the kevlar/ceramic 13". good clutch well worth the money. if you tow at all even a couple times a year they say dont buy the full ceramic

·
Registered
109 Posts
Valair kevlar/ceramic or the 450 horse organic one. I talked to them at length the other day and he told me right quick that ceramic and towing do not go together. Dont call Southbend or they will tell you that if you dont spend a half million on there zippidy doo dah conversion flywheel and yank me off dual disc clutch that you will never make it out of the driveway without burning one up. What a bunch of jack wagons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts