Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an all stock, just kn air intake, 2000 5.9L auto 4x4 with 162000 miles on it. Im only gettin about 15 mpg and i dont drive like a bat outta hell. I want something mainly for power but also to raise those mpgs for drivin to school everyday. I was thinkin i wanted edge juice w/atitude but im not sure. Any advice???

·
Registered
446 Posts
get a lift pump first, no chip tell you got an after market lift pump for you'll cook you VP. An since you have an auto I would put an thing over 65hp chip unless you plan to build the trans

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get a lift pump first, no chip tell you got an after market lift pump for you'll cook you VP. An since you have an auto I would put an thing over 65hp chip unless you plan to build the trans
yeah im worried about my trans even tho no slippin yet. and yeah lift pump is comin soon, but what chip would you prefer?

·
Registered
321 Posts
love my edge drag comp i run it on 5x5 on a stock trans and it holds it fine. i have a newer reman vp and a new stock lift pump

·
Registered
446 Posts
i would say go with the Quadzilla XZT or the Edge EZ or the Diablo Power Puck... the EZ an the XZT are 65hp an the power puck is 50hp. But quadzilla offers alot of downloads off there site to make the XZT do more then just add power. An the Ez is a very good box too. Ive never been around a power puck but iam sure there just as good... But like I said get your self a lift pump. An you an run a bigger chip with the stock trans but you have to be care how you drive it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
love my edge drag comp i run it on 5x5 on a stock trans and it holds it fine. i have a newer reman vp and a new stock lift pump
what about the edge ez? aint the comp the same as the juice w/attitude?

·
Registered
446 Posts
what about the edge ez? aint the comp the same as the juice w/attitude?
The comp an the juice are the same but you have alot more ability to control the power, an to monitor you motor vitals.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would say go with the Quadzilla XZT or the Edge EZ or the Diablo Power Puck... the EZ an the XZT are 65hp an the power puck is 50hp. But quadzilla offers alot of downloads off there site to make the XZT do more then just add power. An the Ez is a very good box too. Ive never been around a power puck but iam sure there just as good... But like I said get your self a lift pump. An you an run a bigger chip with the stock trans but you have to be care how you drive it.
yeah im thnking maybe the ez, but me being a teen haha i like that good ol smoke, will i get any with am ez? not that i have to have it i just love smoke haha

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and how much power will i notice with jus 65 hp added?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean, iam only 17 an I like my smoke too, but as far as the EZ an smoke pry not that much but search around an read on how to do a smoke switch after you install any kind of chip you an wire up a switch that makes the computer in the truck think its at full boost an it will give you all kinds of smoke.... most guys on here will tell you it now recommended but it can be done, an I have a lot of friends that run smoke switch with no problems. I run the XZT on my truck an it really lives up the truck from stock...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess im gonna have to choose between quadzilla or the edge, which one would yal get???

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ive never ran the EZ but I love my XZT, it also has the high idle function that I love up here in Iowa cuz its damn cold here!

Reactions: Cummin2000

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have an edge with att.... and i love it...but never been around any other chips...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I know what you mean, iam only 17 an I like my smoke too, but as far as the EZ an smoke pry not that much but search around an read on how to do a smoke switch after you install any kind of chip you an wire up a switch that makes the computer in the truck think its at full boost an it will give you all kinds of smoke.... most guys on here will tell you it now recommended but it can be done, an I have a lot of friends that run smoke switch with no problems. I run the XZT on my truck an it really lives up the truck from stock...
yeah not interested in a smoke switch haha, but yeah im thinkin pretty strong on the XZT now, i appreciate the advice bro. u run urs on the highest settin all the time? and did it help ur mpg?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes the chip comes with a 3 way switch so you can run either stock 30hp or 65hp an I run my on 65 all the time... And as far as the MPG it all depends on how you drive it, I did notice around 1-2 mpg but I have a heavy foot...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the chip comes with a 3 way switch so you can run either stock 30hp or 65hp an I run my on 65 all the time... And as far as the MPG it all depends on how you drive it, I did notice around 1-2 mpg but I have a heavy foot...
how much money that chip cost 400?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just buy the juice or the comp box because you will just want more if you buy an ez or the xzt.
moneys a prob with me, parents dont help me with nothin, so when my trans goes out imma be pissed cause its gonna, so ill just stick with the lower till i can afford intense if ya know what i mean hahaha

·
Registered
194 Posts
moneys a prob with me, parents dont help me with nothin, so when my trans goes out imma be pissed cause its gonna, so ill just stick with the lower till i can afford intense if ya know what i mean hahaha
Have some self control and only run it on the lower settings. It will just cost you more money to buy an xzt to just turn around a few months later and buy something else.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have some self control and only run it on the lower settings. It will just cost you more money to buy an xzt to just turn around a few months later and buy something else.
im 16, im crazy and i have no self control what so ever. thanks for tha advice tho man lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts