Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was out messing around with my truck and I was getting on her pretty good and the tube on the top turbo popped off the clamp and boot (made a wicked pop too) and when i went to put it back in, i noticed a film of oil inside the boot.... i know that cant be good. So where would it be coming from? I also noticed that the truck has been kind of sluggish off line until it makes about 10psi, im assuming its because of this oil restricting air flow through the intercooler?

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's the inter cooler boot your talking about then it could be coming from your turbo. My old truck needed the turbo rebuilt that's how I found out cause my pipe would blow off at the boot when getting on it hard first time it did that scared the [email protected]& outta me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well the top turbo is new.... the bottom one i got used but seemed in really good shape.

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked again and the oil is mostly inside just the boot... the pipe is pretty clean, maybe a slight haze, but nothing like inside the boot... the turbo seemed ok too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts