Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the mods that I have what kinds boost should I see? I have the stock plate & AFC FF, Starwheel cranked til u can bearly see it, and the pre boost screw turned in just a little, I have a homemade boost elbow. If I close the boost elbow what kinda of boost should I be capable of seeing?

·
Registered
460 Posts
i have my sig mods and boost elbow and see around 30-32psi WOT

·
Registered
274 Posts
with the stock plate you probibly won't see 30psi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the only real difference in the motor is that you have the #100 plate. Do you think that is whats restricting my boost?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright JKilmer what do you think I should get for the mods that I currently have? I also have a MBRP 4" Stack Kit Turbo Back. Next Is the Torque converter & the shift kit. I really didn't want to change the plate until I got a new torque converter and valve body.

·
Registered
274 Posts
you need to add heat (fuel) to get more pressure I get 30-35psi with my #0

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yea I would like to thank everyone for there help.

·
Registered
274 Posts
With a auto you are alittle limited untill you build your trans. I have had people with #8 plates in stock or less position. The truth is that a stock trans doesn't hold up to a stock truck so it could be a toss up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What all do you think I need to do to the tranny for about 300HP

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm not the best auto guy but a tc and valve body is for sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really appreciate ur help.

·
Registered
460 Posts
TC valve body and id stay at a 10 plate or higher i went with the 100 as a safe bet and have no complaints, getting ready to do a 4k gsk kit now

·
Registered
297 Posts
i would be saving my money to go towards a built tranny if it were me. if you snatch the fuel plate and have a tc that will hold it you can push 40psi all day long. i have been told that anything over 35psi with an hx-35 is just hot air, but it is what it is. mine pushes 39 within about 1.5 seconds of laying the skinny pedal down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow mine will jump up to about 17-18 then climb to 21psi. I was looking into a rebuild kit also from suncoast. The extreme duty. The three things together ought to be able to handle whatever, I'd hope. Yall are awesome for helping me. I posted three times before anyone took interest.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Imo if tranns is in good working order, just a converter and vb. My trans is still holdin up to no plate and easily run 30psi on the turbo. Trans is on borrowed time though. But my luck is that I want something to go wrong so I can have it rebuilt and the damn thing will last forever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts