Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking to produce bio diesel. What systems did you guys buy and r u happy with it?

Where did you get your raw product? do u have to pay for it? Thx

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've always recommend the appleseed for best cheap route. But you have to build it. You might be able to find someone local that can build one for you, craigslist. If you have the cash, go with a biopro. There's a demo on utah biodiesel supply. Look at it.

Edit: I love my appleseed. Best use of a water heat ever. 2 years and still going strong. Don't have to worry about insulation during cold months except the piping. Good luck.

Eugene

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
why pay all that money for a processor???:$:

I would recommend starting out with an appleseed processor. The reason being is it will do everything you need and you will pay less than 200 bucks to put it together. Also if you out grow this processor you can always upgrade to one of the "fancy ones"

And I am extremly happy with my appleseed processor.

i get the raw product from a few resturaunts and hotels. I actually stumbled onto a guy who had 100 pounds of lye and I offered him 50 bucks and he took it. As far as the methanol goes, find a drag race shop or something like that and they will be able to help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts