Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe be a dumb question but i cant see spending all that money on a cold air intake so i was wondering what are some of the cheap ways you guys are going. :confused013:

· Registered
392 Posts
Big Honkin Air Filter is what some run, Im running a piece of 4'' pvc going into the inlet for the turbo and the 4'' pvc is run into a '93 cummins air filter and is sitting on my fenderwell where the stock airbox was...

· Registered
246 Posts
You can get a BHAF and outerwears prefilter from vulcan performance for around $75. Outerears will greatly extend the life of the filter.

· Registered
20 Posts
filter

I run an Amsoil filter. Can't remember the dimensions, but its oval shaped and tapers towards the top. Has about as much area as a BHAF. Someone else can probably chime in on the part # It fits nice in there and I just welded up a bracket to support the end of it.

· Registered
98.5, 24 valve, nv4500, 4wd, ecsb…..07 mega cab, 5.9, 3500, 4wd
140 Posts
I put an AFE Torque tube from Diesel Performance Parts and a big ole Cummins/Izuzu truck filter....i also used an S&B filter KF-1035D...but it was a little smaller so we put it on our 2007 mega cab. (Torque Tube was 80 bucks, filter was 50 from TN Filter Sales) GOOD LUCK!

· Registered
628 Posts
I found some on a web site that were $40. They had the prefilters on the same site. I havent been able to find them since. Im sure they arent as good a filter as amsoil or afe but it was dry and it was big. It was a diesel site.

· Registered
69 Posts
I just bought a used aem cai, ditched the filter that was on it and threw on and amsoil 4094. I also got an amsoil outerwear for the filter. Reasonable prices, high quality filter and makes the turbo loud as hell!

· Premium Member
323 Posts
Here's what I did: I waited until my friend needed to sell his truck and stole his. Works every time! It needs a new filter but free is free.

· Registered
6,585 Posts
lets hear part numbers!
some of the more popular ones :thumbsup:

WIX# 42790
John Deere# PMAH19037
Napa # 2790
Afe# 20-40044
Carquest# 87790
Fleetguard # AH19037
CATERPILLAR# 3I0005
Fram# CA6818
FLEETRITE # AHR819037

· Registered
32 Posts
Napa also sells a #6637 for about $55 in San Diego.
I just bought one and was wondering if somebody has had the paper suck into the turbo, since the metal screen is on the outside of the filter, unlike the factory filter, metal screen between the paper and turbo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.