Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Like has already been said, I'll add my 2 cents too. 60lb valve springs aren't needed for a 3200 gsk. I wouldn't put them on, you'd have to over rev the piss out of it to where you'll probably have other issues too. I wouldn't spend the money upgrading a h1c or wh1c. I'd at least go with a hx35w, or a S300 based turbo like already mentioned. I have 5x.012s, 3200gsk, HX35w, 3rd gen intercooler, 20* of timing, and an industrial IP with no AFC on my truck right now. It'll tow anything you want it to, and it never gets above 1150* on the pyro. It gets 18-22mpg driving back and forth to work. Can't complain one bit.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you happen to have any issues with your IP, take it to Des Moines Diesel. They will treat you right and not bust it off in your rear. They do awesome work.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've got a diesel timing light and we can put it on your engine or truck sometime if you would like. I was pretty surprised how much the timing can move on these VE's when they are running.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I like the 14's because they flow just enough more to not get crazy hot in the upper RPM's, and aren't laggy either. I use them on compound set ups with great luck. Finding the housing reasonable is the hard part. You could probably resell it if you didn't decide to run it.

With an HTT comp wheel I think above 38psi is where they start getting out of the map. I had a hybrid 35/40 that loved to run at 45psi and it never had any problems. The truck is still on the road in southern Iowa some where too. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts