Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

what all can i do to my truck with out voiding the warranty

1291 Views 17 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  gfyrasng
there are a few things i wanna do to my truck an im wandering if its gonna void my warranty i wanna put stacks a chip bigger rims an tires an get rid of the dpf an put a smoke switch wandering if any of that will void it
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
ummm yes. other than the rims and tires, kiss it goodbye!

· PDRT
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well see i talked to my dealer about it an they said that it was all fine should i have the dealer do all of it

· Registered
94 Posts
also the mod will only void the area it affects. i.e. if you add a programmer and toast your tranny it shouldnt affect the interior if say the stereo breaks.

I cant imagine a dealer removing any emissions stuff and then sending you down the road to violate the federal EPA.

· PDRT
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i wanna do all this stuff to it but dont wanna loose my warranty

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
there are a few things i wanna do to my truck an im wandering if its gonna void my warranty i wanna put stacks a chip bigger rims an tires an get rid of the dpf an put a smoke switch wandering if any of that will void it
Wash it and wax it. That is about it.

· PDRT
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what if the dealer okays it

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
what if the dealer okays it
You better get it in writing and get it notorized. If it goes in for repairs and it happen to get inspected by chrysler they could hammer you on your warrenty. If you are worried about your warrenty leave it stock for now. If you play you will pay.
Andy

· PDRT
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so just have them put it in writing an have them notarize it so if chrysler inspects it they have to go back on the dealer

· Registered
1,027 Posts
You won't get any sane employee of Dodge to sign and notarize anything. A dealer may say they are mod friendly and will look the other way, as mine did. However, they have no control over what happens if your truck is in for ANYTHING and one of the inspectors decides to pay a visit and sees your mods. The inspector can and will void your warranty on the spot and the dealer can't do jack about it.

· Registered
3,180 Posts
How often has some one had there truck inspected, I blew my motor and got a full on long block chrysler never came to look at it, the dealer did but they turned there heads haha but there not in business no more either.... most dealers if they say so it should be good I would talk to a service writer and see there thoughts... and some one on here got the dealer to put it in writing they would cover his with dpf removal and such... you really don't need warranty either if you delete the stuff, maybe some odds and ends that won't be related to cel's tho...

· Registered
1,027 Posts
How often has some one had there truck inspected, I blew my motor and got a full on long block chrysler never came to look at it, the dealer did but they turned there heads haha but there not in business no more either.... most dealers if they say so it should be good I would talk to a service writer and see there thoughts... and some one on here got the dealer to put it in writing they would cover his with dpf removal and such... you really don't need warranty either if you delete the stuff, maybe some odds and ends that won't be related to cel's tho...
My dealer indicated that it isn't to often that an inspector comes by. But that said, I don't want my truck in for service when it does happen. I have bad luck when it comes to stuff like that. I have no doubt that if my dealer says they are mod friendly and I have some issue that may or may not be related to a mod, my dealer would probably take care of it. However, like I said, if an inspector comes in and voids my warranty as a result of the mods, the dealer will be powerless to do anything about it. It no longer becomes the dealers choice.

· Registered
240 Posts
:rof:hehe::rof:hehe:
Hahahaha......that's funny! You can probably look at it, but even that's pushing it!!!

You've apparently never had a vehicle with a warranty or dealt with a dealership for warranty services before!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.