Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

what aftermarket cd player?

721 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Cekkent
my factory one stopped workin and i'm lookin for somethin aftermarket... wonderin if you guys had any input on one you like or best place to shop for one? i have subs and amp i probably gonna hook up too:blues:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Another very happy Alpine owner here.

If you are installing the head unit yourself I highly recommend buying the wiring kit for the truck along with the Dash fit kit. The wiring kit really makes things alot easier for the average joe.

· Registered
70 Posts
I'll third the alpine. My co-worker was told the flip down face wouldn't work, it would hit on the mount, but it works just fine, so if they tell you that, go ahead and get it anyways.

· Registered
2,462 Posts
I loved my Sony Xplod FX5700 or something like that. Lasted through 5 years and 2 vehicles before I sold the truck it was in.

Got a cheaper model Sony in my Toyota and it works great. The Yota is my 'wheeling truck so its always got a layer of dust and mud in it...

There's a Pioneer in my F150 and I like the looks of it. The buttons are not my style (probably because I'm used to the Sony's), and the speakers are not good enough to make a stand on the sound quality...But it's holding up good!

And definately go to Crutchfield.com!

· Registered
178 Posts
ive used SonicElectronix.com for some accessories. power wires and such... theyre pretty cheap with all there

· Registered
241 Posts
I've had 2 Alpine's. Loved em both. I switched to a Pioneer when I got my screen and I like it a lot too. Only had it 6 months or so though but so far so good. Also check hookedontronics.com. And Amazon- they beat everyone for my screen by almost $100.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.