Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad found this truck at the local Chevy dealer. It's exactly what I want other than the 6.7L. I'd rather have the 5.9L but I think if I try the 6.7L, I'll like it. (How could I not like a Cummins?) I know the price is too much, but what would a good price be? I was thinking about $31k-$32k. Am I too far off base?

http://www.neresonautomotive.com/VehicleDetails/728266383

·
Registered
134 Posts
is it just me, because it looks like it has a little body sag to it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not a bad price IMO but you can probably get them to knock some off. As a reference I got my 08 2500 Quad Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRX4 6.7 CTD for 34,500 brand new with 5 miles on it. Not a bad price at all for a Mega. They wanted 6K more for a mega when I bought my truck. I just hit 22K today on my truck and no problems

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it just me, because it looks like it has a little body sag to it?
Yeah I noticed the front looked a little saggy. Nothing a leveling kit can't take care of.

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed a white thing in front of the rear tire on the second picture. What could that be? Maybe an add-a-leaf or something along those lines?

·
Registered
619 Posts
First question: What about it is "exactly what you want?" I just picked up a 07.5 laramie loaded with slightly more miles (43k) for 6k less than that. No 5th wheel attached but a slightly rougher body. Leather, auto, sunroof, 4x4, auto, etc. Granted yours is much newer but mileage wise about the same. I think you should be in 28-30k range but that's me.

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First question: What about it is "exactly what you want?" I just picked up a 07.5 laramie loaded with slightly more miles (43k) for 6k less than that. No 5th wheel attached but a slightly rougher body. Leather, auto, sunroof, 4x4, auto, etc. Granted yours is much newer but mileage wise about the same. I think you should be in 28-30k range but that's me.
I want an Electric Blue Mega Cab with a manual tranny. It's got a perfect body and it's stock with low miles.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,232 Posts
My dad found this truck at the local Chevy dealer. It's exactly what I want other than the 6.7L. I'd rather have the 5.9L but I think if I try the 6.7L, I'll like it. (How could I not like a Cummins?) I know the price is too much, but what would a good price be? I was thinking about $31k-$32k. Am I too far off base?

2009 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Blue Crew Pickup. A Dodge Ram 2500 at Nereson Chevrolet Cadillac DETROIT LAKES MN
Unless you have a family and you need the room I would just keep the truck you have. You said you would rather have a 5.9 and you already do have it. So why give up something you rather have if you already have it.

If that is the case I will sell you my 07 6.7 mega for 28k and it has a Suncoast Built tranny in it.

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I want something different is because I HATE the auto tranny. I like throwing gears, especially when I tow. I don't have a family now, but in a couple years I will. I plan on keeping this truck for many years.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,232 Posts
The reason I want something different is because I HATE the auto tranny. I like throwing gears, especially when I tow. I don't have a family now, but in a couple years I will. I plan on keeping this truck for many years.
I can see that, Try to get that truck for 30k. With the new models out it will help alot on reducing that price. Be firm and I bet you can get it

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
let him get what he wants. if i can bring myself to sell my trucks and buy one newer truck itd be a 08-09 mega cab. 30-32k would be a good price. anything less then 30k around here are 2006 megas which for some reason there are alot of in fl?

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When my dad talked to the salesman, he came down $1500. But the Gen Manager said no to that and wanted $35,300. I am going to make an offer tomorrow probably.

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
let him get what he wants. if i can bring myself to sell my trucks and buy one newer truck itd be a 08-09 mega cab. 30-32k would be a good price. anything less then 30k around here are 2006 megas which for some reason there are alot of in fl?
Yeah I've seen lots of 06's but not many early 07's and even less with the 6 speed. I've found two 07 Mega cab elec blue 6-speeds. I offered the one guy $35k and he said no (he paid $28 for it a year and a half ago:banghead:), and the other has 75k miles on it and they want $33k.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The link isnt working at the moment but i just paid 35k for a 2008 laramie long bed with 23k miles on it. Bought it about 5 weeks ago. I think it came to just over 42k with taxes and my warranty.

side note:At first i didnt like the mileage, then i altered the way i drive a little bit and unplugged (i gained a hand calc'd 3 mpg on the highway and 2 mpg in the city from unplugging!!!!). Now my 6.7 will get better mileage than my 5.9 did on the freeway, but i also drive 60mph resulting in only seeing a regen roughly every 500 miles on the freeway (going off the overhead, its pretty obvious when your mileage tanks on flat ground). As much as i loved the 5.9 i love my 6.7 more. I only put 12k miles on my 5.9 (long story) before moving into this 6.7, which in a month i have put 5000 miles on it (with 2500 more coming this next week), having spent about equal time in both get the 6.7!!!

My favorite things about my 6.7 are 1.) exhaust brake!!!!!! 2.) its so damn quiet, i can actually have a conversation in the truck and use my uconnect 3.) being able to trust my tranny since im not modding my truck (i bought a 5speed 5.9 because i was honestly scared to buy a used 5.9 auto tranny.

If you have any specific questions or anything just send me a pm

-Marc

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
When my dad talked to the salesman, he came down $1500. But the Gen Manager said no to that and wanted $35,300. I am going to make an offer tomorrow probably.
if you could walk in with cash in hand i bet they would take it, im very fortunate in that i was able to do that and i got the dealer to come down 5k on my trucks price. Not sure you situation or anything like that but if you could borrow some from a family member and then once you own the truck finance it, you might be able to get a better price. In my case it also helped that the truck sat on the lot for 3 months so they wanted to get rid of it.

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Offroadjunkie....what are you getting for mpg's? PM me.

I wish I could walk in but I'm 3500 miles away. It's in MN and I'm in HI. My dad has been looking at it and I've been talking to the salesman on the phone. I'll update you all tomorrow. I might be the new proud owner if a 6.7.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,232 Posts
The link isnt working at the moment but i just paid 35k for a 2008 laramie long bed with 23k miles on it. Bought it about 5 weeks ago. I think it came to just over 42k with taxes and my warranty.
Umm, I bought my Mega new for 44k out the door new and nothing down(I still think I paid too much for it, but it was a impulse buy). If I would have waited about 3 or 4 months I could have gotten it about 5k cheaper because that is when diesel hit like 4.50 to 5.00 gallon.

·
Here to learn
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought it. My dad is giving them a deposit in the morning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts