Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, another one of those threads but I am considering upgrading to a newer truck and could use some opinions on what this should sell for.
2004.5 quad cab 2500 6 speed. I honestly forget the miles but it’s right around 110-115k. Truck is running on a Smarty S06, has a brand new (20 miles on it) Valair dual disk, BD short throw shift linkage, 2nd gen manifold swap with an ATS Aurora 4000, Magnaflow 5” exhaust that splits to dual 4’s, AirDog lift pump, Line-X, smoked third brake/clearance/tail lights. Newer 295/70/17 Mastercraft CXT on factory polished wheels, leveling kit, brake controller, Isspro purple/boost/FP gauges, Quadzilla RP gauge, new batteries, big 3 wire upgrade and crossover positive cable. All badges are removed, it has black leather seats with gray suede inserts in good shape, no holes/tears/rips. Aside from being a little dirty right now the interior is in good shape too, always had factory carpet mats and rubber ones over them. Truck made just shy of 500/1000 before the turbo/manifold swap; have not been on a dyno since...

the bad: tint is older and fading so could use replacement, clear coat is “burning/fading” on front bumper, hood, around the cab lights and front door pillars, bent the front bumper corner in on a skid steer track, rust over wheel wells. Otherwise, the body is in amazing shape for the year with no rust on the rockers, cab corners and such

I think that’s about it, do your worst; couple quick pictures to show detail...
Car Vehicle Car seat cover Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Rim Automotive design

Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Given the high demand for used trucks in relatively good shape with low miles, I would think $15-20K depending on your local market. Perhaps $20K+ if some of the cosmetic issues were fixed.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Tough call in this market. Low miles and some new parts are a plus.
All the damage/lack of cosmetic care and rusting out cancel out the good parts.
In this market, that truck may bring $25k IF it had been cared for. But a good paint job, rust repair, new bumper and a gross looking interior is a major turnoff, unless you are only after a work beater or farm truck.
I'm in the $15-20k camp as well.

Reactions: Lins and 2002CTD

·
Registered
44 Posts
What state are you from? Will play into the value for sure.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What state are you from? Will play into the value for sure.
Pennsylvania

The interior isn’t actually that bad, mostly just dusty from sitting in the garage.

Thanks for the input folks, I think I’m going to list it locally; feeling the urge to move into the 6.7 game

·
Registered
2005 3500 Dually 4x4 8 foot bed Patriot Blue AT 48re Torson LSD 3.73 gears
1,079 Posts
In spring of 2019, paid $18,900 for a 2005 Dually 3500 4x4 4 doors with 8 foot bed, and the paint looked almost perfect, Truck needed no work and ran perfect. 159,000 miles. Absolutely no underbody rust. Truck has air lift bags in the rear, and a large upgraded tow hitch right below the OEM stock one. So I have 2 receiver hitches on truck, one is a 2.5" receiver made by Curt. I bought it from a Dodge dealer in PA, but the truck had spent many years out west. I had seen it online and called them, and that very day they had decided to send it off for auction, as it had not sold. So I said, well get it back, if it is truly as good as it looks, I will buy it. So they did, and I drove up from Newport News southeast VA and bought it same day from Keller Brothers Dodge. Keller Bros. Dodge Ram | Ram & Dodge Dealership in Lititz, PA nice old town is Lititz PA.

Dealer told me the women had originally bought it from them new and had maintained it in good shape, used it out west with a truck camper in the bed. Said they knew her a long time.

I had to repair the front seats, and some minor paint spots. Normal wear stuff.

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

When I got it I thought maybe since it is a dually, was less attractive to a buyer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts