Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about going to twins and I just found a guy that has a set for sale locally they are a wh1c with a bht3b. I would like to know if this twin set would be worth going up to from my 66/71/13 now it will get pretty hot, how much better will the twins cool. Also the wh1c is not from piers so its stock does it need to be modified?
Any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
576 Posts
its pretty common to throw a bht3b behind a stocker turbo. 600 hp should be very reasonable with this setup should cool fine. I would think you would be pretty close in potential, i think you might acutaly be a little better off with the 66/71 though, plus its already in there and you don't need to spend $3k to keep it in there

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just an idea but from what I understand the rack plug on a 215 pump is a bad idea (your signature indicates you have one). It can lead to excessive smoke an EGTs. Do you have a plate in the pump?

·
Registered
576 Posts
no, thats not why its not a good idea. ive heard that in the 215 pump adding the plug will lead to too much rack travel and can actually retard timing at WOT

·
Registered
501 Posts
no, thats not why its not a good idea. ive heard that in the 215 pump adding the plug will lead to too much rack travel and can actually retard timing at WOT
Yeah, I was asking the original poster and you've heard the same as I! If you put a plate in, if there is a rack plug on the pump and you don't feel like removing the plug, then travel can be limited with the plate to avoid this over travel issue!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts