Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

wet floor on driver side

1225 Views 29 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Andyba20
seems like it could’ve been coming from my windshield weather stripping or possibly the door weather stripping. any ideas on how to fix?

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Tread Grey

Tire Automotive tire Tread Hood Synthetic rubber
See less
seems like it could’ve been coming from my windshield weather stripping or possibly the door weather stripping. any ideas on how to fix?
See more
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,556 Posts
It looks like the foam barrior is missing behind the front fender

· Registered
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
1,556 Posts
If you take the front fender off you will find a foam part that ataches to the rear part of the fender.I am just guessing it is not there? And also guessing its job is to stop H20 from flying up in there..?
You shpuld be able to see it looking at the front fender with door open looking towards front.
Also do you have the plastic fender liners installed?

· Registered
25,668 Posts
Does the water come past the door seal?

· Registered
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the water come past the door seal?
yes I'm pretty sure, when I saw It leaking i noticed the bottom of the windshield weather stripping wasn't fully sealed - i could see a slight ga in the bottom corner closest to the hood, and i press down on it slightly

· Registered
1,095 Posts
If you take the front fender off you will find a foam part that ataches to the rear part of the fender.I am just guessing it is not there? And also guessing its job is to stop H20 from flying up in there..?
You shpuld be able to see it looking at the front fender with door open looking towards front.
Also do you have the plastic fender liners installed?
He better hope that truck is NOT like the first gen cab that cracks and lets water in and run down all over.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
IDK,....that sounds bad!
But truly, I think he has a much lessor problem.
It is a prolly a windshield / Ac/ heater core problem.
I guess it could be marker lights up on top if he has them?

· Admin/Mod
I Still Know Nothing
3,718 Posts
It IS bad! :poop: :cry:
Forehead Muscle Ear Jaw Gesture

What?

No water inside cab is a good thing. My 3rd gen used the same type of clam shell doors as the 2nd gens and it’s completely normal to get water in door jambs. None of that is really sealed.

For OP, I imagine water is running down upper cab seal and dripping towards the end. No problem.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
View attachment 968820
What?

No water inside cab is a good thing. My 3rd gen used the same type of clam shell doors as the 2nd gens and it’s completely normal to get water in door jambs. None of that is really sealed.

For OP, I imagine water is running down upper cab seal and dripping towards the end. No problem.
Maybe needs new door seals? Door slightly needs realigned? :unsure:

· Admin/Mod
I Still Know Nothing
3,718 Posts
Maybe needs new door seals? Door slightly needs realigned? :unsure:
Needs nothing. It’s an old truck, it’s allowed to have water in its door jambs,

· Registered
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my driver side carpet was soaking wet after it’s been raining for the last week or so, any ideas where it can come from? it’s dry everywhere else. i can feel a little bit of wetness following the edge of the carpet in the backseat too. i read that the 3rd brake light gasket leaks, i got ordered a new one. the latch on my sliding door is also broken so i ordered a new one of those thinking it wasn’t tightly sealed. any other ideas?

· Registered
25,668 Posts
Thrd light is a possibility, but there should be something in back too, loose door or window seal and hard wind blowing is good possibility. Fix the door latch.

· Registered
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thrd light is a possibility, but there should be something in back too, loose door or window seal and hard wind blowing is good possibility. Fix the door latch.
the floor along the side of the doors is slightly damp in the backseat but in the front seat it’s soaking, so i don’t really feel like it’s coming from the back if only the front is really wet. is there a way i could test the window or door seal?

· Registered
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
pulled the carpet back to try and dry it out. the bottom of my weather stripping is really torn but i don’t see how if the bottom was torn how it could make the carpet wet. also do the holes for the plastic floor board piece need some type of seal? they’re just holes drilled straight into the floor i would think they have some sort of seal
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Wood Sleeve Grey Automotive exterior

· Registered
25,668 Posts
Couple of things. if the back door is loose, the front door is loose. Water does flow down hill to the front. If you have a gasket for the light install it. Obviously the lower part of the door seal is damaged, how is the top?
I would bet on wind and hard rain came in around the seal due to loose door latches, or maybe you left a widow down a bit. Hard wind and rain will push water through any loose or bad seal.

· Registered
25,668 Posts
Any rust through the floorboard? Any deep water fording?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts