Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
it was a newer camaro i was going to use as a DD "Fuel economy car" i wasn't really in love with it, i liked the price tag. but like i said, to many red flags, and for a car where i only liked the engine and interior, it wasn't worth the hassle

Although i do keep playing with the idea of this little guy. just wouldn't be as practical as some of the other options i've been playing with

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/spokane-79-chevy-corvette-make-offer/6787886625.html

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
That's actually what i'm thinking. except i've basically decided i want a 98-02 black on black T/A with T-Tops. I'll settle if it's an auto, and might consider a couple other exterior colors. But LS1/t-tops i'm not willing to bend on. And if its an Fbody it'll be a 98-02 as they look the best inside and out. The issue is much over 6 grand, i might as well just look at C5s as that's when you start getting into their price range. by 9-10 it's not that hard to find one you can negotiate down to under 10. Problem is nobody is selling right now, so i'll wait for a couple of my bigger projects to get done with and reassess in summer when it'll be a buyers market. Once the snow is gone i imagine people will start selling their "fuel economy cars"

· Registered
212 Posts
Same boat man, when I worked at the shop I was in the market for a frc or z06 c5 and they where still 14-25k now they can be had for under 12k but my son changed me from wanting another 2 seater. And a close friend of mine died in a f body so For the 6500-10k range with a back seat I am eyeing the Gto and the ctsv-v1(4thgen rear) I am familiar with both motors and the gto can be had down here in the south pretty cheap. Which is why customers would buy them wrecked and have us swap them.

Attachments

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Yeah, the main thing i was thinking about with the camaro is grabbing it and riding it until i found a suitable roller to transfer the power train into. Wouldn't mind running a modern running gear into a c3 or something like that, i've always loved a nice c-3 stingray. But that's just not quite in the cards for right now. So might as well get a runner that i enjoy, and then do a swap down the road when i can find a nice enough roller to make it worthwhile. My main thing holding me back is landscaping and a roof need to happen this year, so i really should let that get settled before starting a project. and with next year being the year i plan on dropping another large sum towards a newer truck, i might have to wait for the prices to come down further to be ready to start that end of the project

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
But on the plus side neither me nor the old lady have any kids to worry about, so i don't have to consider much with more then 2 seats. Which i'm certainly not complaining about. let my money buy me some toys, rather then buying offspring toys

· Registered
820 Posts
I remember the days of not needing 4 doors or a back seat. It was nice but I have to say, hearing my little 4 year old girl in the booster seat shout "GO FASTER DAD!" is pretty darn cool. Can't wait to get this 2nd gen project on the road and show her what a 4wd boosted launch feels like!

· Registered
212 Posts
Lol I feel you on that one DJ, I got rid of all the toys when I had my son. He is 4 also and loves cars so I am sure we will be back in something fun soon. And as to those 4wd launches I can't convince the wife to let me buy a sti and leave it at her place in belv for when were in town. She said their is to many running around 😞

· Registered
820 Posts
Yeah there are quite a few of them around here. Everywhere you look, Subi's and Toyota Tacomas. Maybe she would go for a Mitsubishi EVO instead! :stirpot::grin2:

· Registered
212 Posts
Rofl! Your not kidding but I still think their sexy. And the evo is nice but for one worth having you got to spend mid 20k for a e9 and that's not what I'm willing to spend considering its gonna be in garage 9 months out of a year while I'm in Ga. And the tacoma is a nice truck but for the life of me why would anyone drop 40k on a truck that want pull guy things. Toyhauler, big boats, work trailers etc. My inlaws bought 2 last year and I couldnt believe the price tag on a truck that want hold gear.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.