Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
9,857 Posts
ooo and the truck out the window two days ago...Just cause lol

Those are 35" tires on the truck btw just to give a snow depth reference.

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Are you getting rain right now or snow? we are expecting another 2 days of snow tomorrow and Saturday, but i have freight moving over to your area, and am curious if it'll make it. if your getting snow that it's a solid no. lol

· Registered
878 Posts
I shoveled the drive twice a day during the snows, but drove the FWD through all that weather except for the one day of tall slush with the truck. I don't have any pictures to document this - Taking a photo is always an afterthought for me. Does your VW have traction control - Our 2003 TDI only had the stability control (optional) and anti lock braking (standard).

Wednesday was the first day of rain north of Seattle. The slush froze up last night since temperatures dropped bellow 30 degrees, but it has not rained or snowed today. Main roads are dry and clear, but low use arterial's can still be messy up north.

· Unregistered
27,033 Posts
Those photos inspired me to post one of my beater MGB GT, after I had to abandon my attempt to get to the road with it.
Backed it off the driveway, as seen in the photo, and took my Jeep XJ instead. And I still had to back up and take a run at it, twice, to make it out.

Attachments

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Are you getting rain right now or snow? we are expecting another 2 days of snow tomorrow and Saturday, but i have freight moving over to your area, and am curious if it'll make it. if your getting snow that it's a solid no. lol
Neither. No precipitation right now. last night it was raining a bit. majority of the snow we got was over the course of about 30hrs of non-stop snowing. BTW: snoqualmie pass is open today as well with no restrictions. Just "traction tires advised."

Some people are still digging out. It's not that it's a huge amount of snow..It's just a huge amount to get in just 30hrs time lol. You shovel and an hour later you can't even tell you shoveled LOL. Like my truck there...I drove it the day before that picture and had it all cleared off of snow, and that's how much snow came down overnight on it...foothills got hit pretty good. north bend really got hit hard. They had a few more inches than we did.

Does your VW have traction control - Our 2003 TDI only had the stability control (optional) and anti lock braking (standard).
They call it ESP (Electronic Stability Program) and there's a button above the radio on the dash to turn it off. It will automatically apply the brakes and reduce engine throttle to stop your tires from spinning. And supposedly stop the rear end from drifting. It's utterly useless in the snow. Turn it off if you need to drive on snow. My car has ABS and ESP. But manual transmission as well, so it does good in compact snow, but this 2ft deep unplowed crap it doesn't do so well in cause it's above the bumper and up the doors LOL cant really move against a wall of snow...Truck doesn't do so well in it right now either. Need new tires on it, but that's $1200 I don't have right now.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
ESP must have been updated for 2004 or the programing was different for the automatic transmission
That is very possible since 2003 and 2004 have different engines all together.

2003 was the last year for the ALH motor with the rotary injection pump, and 2004 had the BEW motor with pumpe-duse injection.

· Registered
820 Posts
I know, right? I had to turn off the local news down here due to the frantic nonsense they were spewing. The first 15 minutes was all about what to stock up on, what to do with your vehicle's tires, how to replace or top off your vehicle's coolant, how to keep your outdoor faucets from freezing, yadda yadda yadda... Snowflakes apparently cause snowflake hysteria... ;)

I gotta get out of this area.

I actually thought it was refreshing to hear something besides the typical political garbage the news usually spews daily. It's interesting that they can essentially stop the political rhetoric for several days due to snow but barely bring up real local issues any other time.

Snowflakes apparently cause snowflake hysteria... ;) :hehe:

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
I just realized something. I cleaned my bed out on wedneday, of all the snow, because i had to use it. But then i forgot to close my tonneau cover after. it's now snowing heavily again, after snowing last night, ect ect. so my bed is about to be full of snow again. Guess sunday when the storm stops, i will be cleaning snow out of my bed again and hopefully remember to close the cover so i don't have to again

· Registered
212 Posts
My God from the looks of those pictures I am glad I took my trip there in the summer. We stay in the mtns and its impossible to get up with heavy snow/ice and to hear this quote"snowflake hysteria... " from WA native is almost refreshing as eaten bacon 3 times a day to show my Merica roots. #Carryon

· Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Heard my dad got about 4 feet in North California and lost power for about a week. Could just imagine if that happened to Seattle ........

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Would be a great time for us to convince them to just leave and go back to the south where they belong.

I saw this picture, and thought it summed up a lot when it came to winter in Washington

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
i went down there a week or two ago to pick up a a car. it was snowed in, with 300 feet that needed to be cleared of snow to get it to an unplowed road. the guy didn't bother mentioning this until i was pulling into pasco. No, i'm sorry i'm not test driving a muscle car with the roads like this, and why in the hell didn't he mention that little fact 4 hours previously when i told him i was coming down after we had been talking for a week. I got a little upset with him, especailly when the day before we put it off because of a storm that was rolling through.

but i did get to see a lot of people down there struggle with the snow, while i mobbed around in it like it was nothing while towing a trailer. So that was fun. lol

· Registered
820 Posts
i went down there a week or two ago to pick up a a car. it was snowed in, with 300 feet that needed to be cleared of snow to get it to an unplowed road. the guy didn't bother mentioning this until i was pulling into pasco. No, i'm sorry i'm not test driving a muscle car with the roads like this, and why in the hell didn't he mention that little fact 4 hours previously when i told him i was coming down after we had been talking for a week. I got a little upset with him, especailly when the day before we put it off because of a storm that was rolling through.

but i did get to see a lot of people down there struggle with the snow, while i mobbed around in it like it was nothing while towing a trailer. So that was fun. lol
Do tell about the muscle car please :grin2:

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
there were numerous red flags coupled with registration issues and the guy wasn't completely honest about other things as well. so with all that, and wasting a day to just look at it, i was kinda upset about the entire ordeal. And then to top it all off, both places me and the gal wanted to have lunch at were closed either from the snow or it being sunday.

· Registered
820 Posts
there were numerous red flags coupled with registration issues and the guy wasn't completely honest about other things as well. so with all that, and wasting a day to just look at it, i was kinda upset about the entire ordeal. And then to top it all off, both places me and the gal wanted to have lunch at were closed either from the snow or it being sunday.
I can understand that. Allot of folks selling things online have no concept of the value of time. Sounds like one of those days where you just throw up your hands and try to forget about it. I hope you find what your looking for in the near future.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Yeah, at this point nothing is in the right price point for me to waste the money on it. So i'll let the cash sit and put it towards projects i really "need" to do, rather then just "want" to do. lol

· Registered
212 Posts
Im with DJ what type of car was this? I am a resto fanatic and one thing I do like about WA state is how many classic rods actual get used daily on the road. I don't see many where i stay but when I drive over to Bermington I fall in love with how many are on the road.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.