Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to performance dodge down here in omaha asking if they could flash my ecu to enable high idle and got a conserded look from the service manager. He said "well let me ask one of our diesel techs". The tech told me that you cant flash a ecu to enable high idle on my 2002 dodge 5.9 cummins if it didnt have it from the factory, but wasn't it an option on these? He said unless i use a aftermarket devce like a smarty or something I wont be able to. Is he correct or did they just not know how to do it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
auto or stick?
is the e-brake applied?
do you keep your foot on the brake while cranking?

theres a thread on here somewhere that has all the info you could possibly imagine about high idle.

Reactions: ChrisMan

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yes, it can be done. I actually went by the dealership this past weekend to see how much it'd cost to have them enable mine. They want $112 JUST to plug it into their DRB computer. No telling what they'd try to charge me for the actual re-flash. Needless to say, HELL no. I'll take it by another dealer next time I'm in another state or city that has one. You should consider the same.

Reactions: ChrisMan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Manual, have the parking brake appiled I even tricked the truck with resistors in my ect and iat and it would not high idle im pretty sure its not flashed into the ecu but i may not be correct

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.