Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Had an appointment but they didn't have time. I'd find another dealer. Don't let it go over 36, cause by then all of it is coming out of your pocket.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Make sure you get something in writing stating you were in at "this date" and "these miles" and have them write that "such work will be done as promised" make sure you get a copy and they get a copy. All in writing, all signed by both parties.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Make sure you get something in writing stating you were in at "this date" and "these miles" and have them write that "such work will be done as promised" make sure you get a copy and they get a copy. All in writing, all signed by both parties.
exactly, or this tsb will cost you over 300 bucks

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts

Yep I agree with this...get it in writing or you will be wishing you did later I bet...:$:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I'd be calling Chrysler HQ and letting them know that this particular dealer is doing this to you. Let Chrysler light a little fire under thier a$$!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm with Hot Stuff on this one. You've been in three times already, by appointment, and they don't have time? Document everything as well as calling Chrysler HQ, and let your service department manager and dealership manager know that you are doing so, and you will probably see a change of attitude REAL quick. At this point in the game, I don't think dealerships can afford to be screwing around with their customer base, and you should make a point of letting them know that as well.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
well I mean no matter how many miles your truck has on it...their supposed to do TSB's for free!

·
All around nice guy
52 Posts
well I mean no matter how many miles your truck has on it...their supposed to do TSB's for free!
No, not really. A TSB is merely an informational item meant to help techs diagnose or service an issue.

Now, you CAN use the existence of a TSB to show knowledge of an issue, and push for reconcilliation thru a zone rep if necessary. Remember though, a TSB is NOT a requirement to act, and definitely not a freebie unless it's covered under warranty or good will.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad they did the repair as agreed. Now call the Customer Service line and log a complaint about the fact that you had 3 appointments and now the the cold air intake is scratched. I hope you have before and after pics of the intake for proof. If you are polite, have a reasonable demand (a replacement AEM) and are willing to wait for the process to work, you will get your intake fixed; free. The Customer Service number is 1-800-992-1997. They will ask you what the issue is and who the dealer was, then if you do as I say... you will pervail. Dont raise your voice, yell, swear etc. I have had more than enough repairs made to my truck to know this first hand. Good Luck... Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts