Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my smarty TNT-R, I have gauges and a billet input shaft in my tranny. What would be a safe level to run? I want the power but i don't want to tear anything up to get there. I've heard sw#3 is the safest but i want opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Are the mods in your sig all youve got?
What does the trans have besides the input shaft?
Stock turbo?
Why even bother with tnt r? You shouldnt be going much more than 100 hp over stock.
Head studs?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought in mind of further modification, that's all I've got so far, but considering I've owned the truck a month and a half, I think I'm off to a good start. Also the reason I'm asking what is safe at this point.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ok cool. Ill stick with 100 horsepower. Watch your egt and ill guess the stock torque converter is the first to go. But is could last a while if you drive smart.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ah, my bad it does have an aftermarket TC, BUT i bought it with that so I'm not sure on brand or anything. That being said it could be complete bs too. I appreciate the help though.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Only you will know whats safe. Its all about egts and not running out of fuel. If your running a stock converter i would for sure keep your tq settings on stock because even on level sw 1 you will kill it. Dont be afraid to hit 1600 on a 06 for a 2-3 sec. Just dont hold it there like your mad at it and u will be fine.

Reactions: OneFreshDude
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.