Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why in the hell does my knob spin around over time but if I try to manually spin it it won't budge????

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I know it's stupid but I never had a standard do that too me b4..

·
Registered
110 Posts
theres a nut underneath that cap, the cap is the deal that says the gears on it.

the cap will move, but the actual knob wont unless you take the nut off.

also the cap is kinda a pain in the arse trying to get off, i used my knife to pry it out when i put my new shift knob on and i ruined the cap.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
O man I feel stupid.. I didn't even realize that lil cap was a seperate peice. Thanks and sorry for taking up CF's server HD space with stupidness. I did go out there and try to spin it and it won't budge but I guess overtime it'll make it's place back to normal and i'll firggin superglue it..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Yeah they all do that. Take a really small screwdriver and pry it out of there and turn it around and work it back it. I have to do it to mine every once in awhile.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You can fix it by removing as stated by Hot Stuff and then carefully notching the edges with a knife. That's how I fixed mine until the Hurst knob replaced the stocker.

MikeyB

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can fix it by removing as stated by Hot Stuff and then carefully notching the edges with a knife. That's how I fixed mine until the Hurst knob replaced the stocker.

MikeyB
Yeah, that's a good idea.. Much appreciated. It's not a big deal, just a lil irritating when I look at it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yeah mine does it too.. I figure in about another 10,000 mi it will have spun 360* and be straight again, then I will add a little dab of superglue or something...

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts