Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Thursday evenin I put in my Cool Hose I purchased and yesterday and today I noticed that if I put my foot in it and get the boost up above 15 psi (doesn't do it when sitting in neutral), when I let off completely I now have this noise I have never heard before.

You hear the turbo spin up and then when I pull my foot out of the throttle I hear this kind of a whoomp whoomp sound. It is almost like when a person just gets done runnin a sprint and is gasping for air. That is about the best way I can describe it.

Could it be that with the Cat still in place that it is pushing pressure back up to the turbo when I let off? :confused013:

Any ideas or suggestions on figuring out exactly what it is and how I could possibly fix it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
sounds like turbo bark its when you build boost then suddenly let off the boost has nowhere to go so it trys to go back through the turbo. "it trys to spin the turbo backwards" I wouldnt be worried about it to much unless you do it all the time

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. :thumbsup: That is probably what it is. Remember seeing some threads on it, gonna have to research them.

Would losin the cat help to keep this from happenin?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. Well, after looking at some other threads, the only option is to let off the pedal slower and possibly look at a bigger turbo (not gonna happen for quite some time). Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
it doesn't try to spin the turbo backwards... the turbo accelerates and decelerates rapidly. it's not great for it by any means, but I wouldn't worry too much about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts