Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i drive my truck i have a whine coming from my speakers, its kind of a loud little bugger, it follows the RPMs up and down and when i turn off my radio it goes away as well, if anyone could help that would be great, thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
Look at alternator. May have a weak diode or grease on slip rings. Both are difficult to diagnoise and off vehicle test is suggested.

Reactions: Goat_Hauler

·
Registered
424 Posts
Alt. I say. If it was a gasser I would say it's the non resistor plugs, in a diesel mostly coming from Alt.

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,405 Posts
Could be "EMI" Electromagnetic Interference. When you step on the accelerator does it whine louder? If so you have a wire that is causing this interference that has a magnetic field around it. Its hard for me to explain. Basically you have a wire thats too close to something with a magnetic field that makes it whine. Happens alot with Cb radios. Any questions please PM me. I can help you further.

·
Registered
7 Posts
also if you have an aftermarket radio check to make sure that the ground has a good connection. It could possibly be causing some of the interference. Check the alternator first though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts