Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2017 Tradesman about a month ago. It had about 39k miles on it when I bought it and I didn’t pay attention to the hour meter numbers until the other day I was running through the DIC and found this (pictured attached). Just looking for any comments on it. I plan on going to the dealer here where I bought it and ask the question as well. The way I look at it is that the truck has been driven 41k miles in 25 hours, is that interpretation correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
White Lightning
2022 RAM 5500 Tradesman Crew Cab & Chassis 4X4
15,760 Posts
Well....your average MPH based on drive hours is 1,650

I’ll bet the cluster has been replaced under warranty and the idle and drive hours was not input correctly at the time.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hey waryzor,

I'll be out your way next Saturday,

If I see a streak fly by me while on the drive there,

Even at 127hrs drive time, you would be doing 325mph,

I'll know it was you ,,,, :hehe: ,,,,, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
There's been some tampering going on in your truck's ecm / dash. I'd be looking for answers with a skeptical eye....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone have similar mileage on their trucks that could give me a ball park reading of where it should be? Obviously idle time could be much different but the drive time should be fairly close?

·
White Lightning
15,760 Posts
Anyone have similar mileage on their trucks that could give me a ball park reading of where it should be? Obviously idle time could be much different but the drive time should be fairly close?

I have a somewhat abnormally high average mph of 56.2

I’d guess, based on your odometer with mixed driving, with an average mph of 36 mph, your true drive hours would be about 1,146

·
Registered
14,644 Posts
I have a somewhat abnormally high average mph of 56.2

I’d guess, based on your odometer with mixed driving, with an average mph of 36 mph, your true drive hours would be about 1,146
Such a slowpoke!!! :na:

391,786 miles in 6229 hours is an average of 62.89 MPH! :T:

And, notice only 489 idle hours in 3 years 7 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stopped in the dealership today and of course on a Saturday the service dept was manned by the most knowledgeable service rep who told me you can just reset those *sigh* I’ll refrain from having another dealer rant. Anyways needless to say I’ll be stopping back. While on the topic I’m a military member at just recently got to Sumter, South Carolina anyone have any decent dealership they deal with in SC?

·
White Lightning
15,760 Posts
Such a slowpoke!!! :na:

391,786 miles in 6229 hours is an average of 62.89 MPH! :T:

And, notice only 489 idle hours in 3 years 7 months.
Wanna compare revenue streams :na: :grin2: :nerd:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.