Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend i took a road trip up to the Seattle Area. On the way up I set the cruise at 75 MPH. After about 350 miles i was averaging 19 MPG. Edge on 6, MP-8 @95%

While up there I did some driving around town, Idling and Dynoing. My calculated Mileage at Fillup ended up being 17.7.

For Dyno #s i put down 429 HP and 832 TQ. The truck was running out of Fuel on the Top end. There was more power there to be made. I will scan the Dyno sheet tomorrow.

Video:YouTube - NWD shindig08 Compcowboy

Now for the Trip home, I set the Cuise at 65 MPH. It was hard to do. Well worth it though. I got 22 MPG on the trip home. Overall it was a great weekend and got some good info.:thumbsup

Now to get the Dyno #s Up:peelout:$:

·
Registered
69 Posts
im wanting to add the hot unlock to mine..what difference are you seeing between level 5 and 6?

·
Registered
152 Posts
dyno

gees i really hope we can get more then 429hp out of these trucks, my 06 5.9L with minor bolt ons i dynoed at 525hp and ran a low 13s in the quarter mile. I want al least 500hp to the wheels before im happy ha ha.:thumbsup

·
08 Cummins
2,196 Posts
Hey Cowboy,

Where did you get your truck dynod at and what did it cost you? I'm on the East Side of Seattle and want to get a baseline dyno run on my truck before I start doing any mods.

:thumbsup Nice numbers, both MPG and dyno. I'd be happy with those numbers but I'm not going for big power.

·
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing i changed on the Dyno was one run was Edge on 5. Made about the same power. I would have liked to get a good baseline but wasnt able to. I dynoed on a Mobile Dynojet from DKDiesel. It was at a Local Gathering of the NWdiesels.com guys.

·
08 Cummins
2,196 Posts
I'll have to sign up over on the board. I wish I would have know about the dyno day, I've been waiting for one in the area.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
The only thing i changed on the Dyno was one run was Edge on 5. Made about the same power. I would have liked to get a good baseline but wasnt able to. I dynoed on a Mobile Dynojet from DKDiesel. It was at a Local Gathering of the NWdiesels.com guys.
So you made about the same power with edge on 5 than you did edge and mp8? Did i interpret that right?

·
Registered
419 Posts
good but i thought you would have made higher numbers

·
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you made about the same power with edge on 5 than you did edge and mp8? Did i interpret that right?
No the MP-8 was still turned up about 95%

I would have to say i was a little bummed of the #s too, but there are many factors that go into play along with everyone elses #s. This was a portable Dyno and they where moving people on and off real fast, so settings may or may not have been 100% correct. I am not complaining but simply stating.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
No the MP-8 was still turned up about 95%

I would have to say i was a little bummed of the #s too, but there are many factors that go into play along with everyone elses #s. This was a portable Dyno and they where moving people on and off real fast, so settings may or may not have been 100% correct. I am not complaining but simply stating.
Gotcha thanks for clarifying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts