Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Weak blowing ac

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  steve05ram360 
#1 ·
Guys this might be on here somewhere but I'm not going to spend the time searching I'm going to use it to show you how I made a world of difference in the amount of air coming out of my vents. My evaporator was completely choked up. I live on gravel roads and farm so it's always in a dusty condition. Here's my evaporator

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I used this once clean bottle brush and an air nozzle to scrub and blow off the evaporator

Attachments

#5 ·
It made a world of difference I only cleaned about 5 minutes on it. I'm going to get another blow gun with a long pin point type end on it and clean some more..I'm also debating drilling into the HVAC box on the back side and spraying air through there then instal either an expansion plug or make some type of lid with a gasket to seal it back off n order to have access later on. I'll post more as I finish

#8 ·
Yes it was bad. I now discovered I have 4 fan settings

#9 ·
Check into the marine deck plates for access .. someone in a 2nd gen forum did that and has easy access to it.

There is also another potential cleaning solution, home depot sells a condensor cleaner for home use. I used this on the evap core thru the blower motor opening and the resistor opening. Made a pretty good difference when done. I reinstalled the fan and kicked it on for 5 minutes or so to push the cleaner into the core more. Worked well, had goop coming out of the heater vents (as expected).

Another thing to do is replace the foam around the dash vents. They leak and air escapes out the sides of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.