Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe we can get this stuck for awhile.

These are some of the ways you can do exhaust and egr running the s67me software. It can also be found on here with some pics.
MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - DisclaimerS-06A

1. You can use the egt thermocouplers with them plugged in electrically, and screwed into the exhaust. Or simply leave them plugged in electrically and zip tie them up out of the way. You would most likely tie them up, cause most delete pipes do not have bungs for them.

2. You can remove the egt thermocouplers all together, but you must then plug sims in. 330's seem to work the best.

3. The O2's can stay screwed into the exhaust and stay plugged in electrically.

4. Or the O2's can come completly out, and don't need to be electrically plugged in. Either option works.

5. If you need to plug the bungs. The egts are m12x1.25, and the O2's are m18x1.5.

6. The pressure sensor on the side of the tranny needs to be plugged in, and the pressure tubes are removed.

7. I feel the best way for egr is to use block plates. The motor needs to come off the end of the egr. Once off you need to plug it in, and go turn the key to on. Do not start. Go back to the egr motor and pull the plunger that is now sticking out of the motor out. Turn key off. Leave egr motor plugged in, and zip tie it to something.
You can also just block the crossover tube, leave the egr and motor assembled, and on the intake horn. This does not require the motor plunger removal.

8. Unplug the plug on the throttle body valve.

9. If you have your cooler deleted, you can unplug that servo motor, cut the zip ties and remove the servo. You do not need to unplug the cooler servo it it's not deleted, but also you can unplug it if you want. Not sure if it has any advantages to being unplugged if the cooler is not deleted.

If I forgot anything let me know, and I'll edit it. Hope this helps.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Good info man, thanks for posting. So really nothing needs to physically be plugged into the exhaust correct? One could just use a 5.9 exhaust with no bungs in it?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
#1 taken straight off MAD'S website

The original exhaust gas temperature thermocouples can be used either in the exhaustor or zip tied to the wiring harness on the frame . If you already use thermocouple simulators ( “SIMS” ) you can use those in place of the thermocuples.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This would be a great sticky!!!! At least for a couple weeks while the S67 is still new to everyone!!!
You should add that these methods should be used with the ME software only!

Nice job Ratlin!!!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Added the ME, and the link with pics. Was just hoping to cut down on some of threads with all the same questions. Love to help, but it's kind of cluttered, with post all over.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Added the ME, and the link with pics. Was just hoping to cut down on some of threads with all the same questions. Love to help, but it's kind of cluttered, with post all over.
You need to fix #1 though. MADS says they can be in the exhaust.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well when I plugged my egr motor in I throw a p0106 map sensor code. With it unplugged no code, so i'm just leaving it unplugged.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
So are you guys sealing off the connectors to keep road debri out?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well when I plugged my egr motor in I throw a p0106 map sensor code. With it unplugged no code, so i'm just leaving it unplugged.
Did you try to clear it? It also says on the website that some codes may appear, and that it can take some drive time for them to cycle away.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So are you guys sealing off the connectors to keep road debri out?
I did just tape up the unplugged connections. Also taped up the egr motor. Not so worried about the ones under the hood, but if your taking the O2's out, I'd definatly seal them up somehow. I guess tape would work there also.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I did just tape up the unplugged connections. Also taped up the egr motor. Not so worried about the ones under the hood, but if your taking the O2's out, I'd definatly seal them up somehow. I guess tape would work there also.
Main issue i see is the plug thats left unplugged on the back of the intake horn. Water can easily splash in that area.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
Very good info. I would also add that you don't NEED to unplug the servo motor on the cooler side. If you want to delete the cooler, go ahead and unplug it. If you don't have the cooler deleted it's ok to leave it plugged in. Mine is plugged in and no issues (I don't have an EGR cooler delete).

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm going to plug it back in and try to ride for a day or so to see if it clears itself but for now the code goes away when I unplug it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Main issue i see is the plug thats left unplugged on the back of the intake horn. Water can easily splash in that area.
Yeah and thats the one that is a biaaatch to get to with tape. I did leave that one open for now cuz I plan on getting an intake. But now that you say something, I'm gonna figure out a way to protect it some. Probably more tape.:hehe:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to plug it back in and try to ride for a day or so to see if it clears itself but for now the code goes away when I unplug it.
I had that code 2 or 3 times before I ran smarty. I'd always have to shut down, and restart for it to go away. Sometimes I'd have to do it a couple times. Check your map sensor connection also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think pictures of some of this stuff would go a long way in helping people (including me) not ask to many questions.
Sorta like the pictures on the egr delete thread.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yeah and thats the one that is a biaaatch to get to with tape. I did leave that one open for now cuz I plan on getting an intake. But now that you say something, I'm gonna figure out a way to protect it some. Probably more tape.:hehe:
Now if i got tape on mine im sure you can get tape on yours, was a tight squeeze for my big @ss arms:lol4:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very good info. I would also add that you don't NEED to unplug the servo motor on the cooler side. If you want to delete the cooler, go ahead and unplug it. If you don't have the cooler deleted it's ok to leave it plugged in. Mine is plugged in and no issues (I don't have an EGR cooler delete).
Fixed it, I think. Let me know if it don't make sence.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts