Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

ways to make truck LOUD!

2898 Views 32 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  ben
now i kno the bigger the pipe and the less piping the exhaust has to go throw creates a louder, deeper sound :peelout

but what are your thoughts on ways to building a LOUD exhaust system? and what can i do to bring the cummins out of my truck to the max? :woot:
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
427 Posts
Weld a 2 foot long lead pipe below the floor boards. That should do the trick!

· Registered
58 Posts
if you want it to sound like a vp 24 valve which in my opinion are the loudest of them all put a vp exhaust manifold on at least this is what ive been told

· Registered
524 Posts
loud

loud isnt always good, unless you dont mind not being able to think goin down the road. i have a 4in straight pipe...plenty loud and turns plenty of head.
I Agree my 4" straight piped with a 6" tip is plenty loud, and at idle it just barks at you...I like that alot:hyper:

· Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,721 Posts
Weld a 2 foot long lead pipe below the floor boards. That should do the trick!
cut a hole and point that pipe straight up thru the hood .. That will do the trick AND win you the Darwin award for sure.:rof:rof:rof

· Registered
385 Posts
strait pipe into stacks is what you need! I run 4" inches into 5" curved top stacks....love it

· Registered
59 Posts
Whatever you end up doing to make your truck loud - be sure to arrange it so that it's not alot of grief to undo or change later on. The noise or drone will start to get to you - depending on whether you haul or run at a certain speed down the road. There are plenty of 'free flowing' exhaust options that are not abusive to the driver/passengers :)

My current setup is (in my hearing anyway) low and throaty for rumbling thru the neighborhoods at nite (don't want to wake everyone up) and is pretty loud when I get on it to get into traffic, etc...

Good luck :)

· Premium Member
1,910 Posts
strait pipe into stacks is what you need! I run 4" inches into 5" curved top stacks....love it
I agree. My friends truck has 4" back to 6" stacks. and it sounds great. Sounds like a straigh piped mack truck when e shifts.

My truck has 3" striaght to 5" stacks and sounds good to. But I have a 4cyl cummins.

· Registered
981 Posts
4" straight pipe here, just cut off the cat and muffler and welded up a pipe. i like the noise i get.

when i play with the pedal i can make the turbo downspool like an 18-wheeler, scares the hell out of peopl ein the city

· Registered
1,654 Posts
loud is when you cut your exhaust so it ends under the passenger seat, i drove around like that for a couple days before i got my muffler delete pipe and everybody had to look.

· Registered
4 Posts
And when you cut the exhaust off right under the passenger seat you get a nice foot massage when you get on it. :lol3: I have 4 inch straight pipe with a 5 inch tip, it's plenty loud and shakes my neighbors house.:thumbsup

· Registered
345 Posts
Im runnin dual 4" on mine with MBRP muffler only... Its not to loud at idle... But under a load it gets pretty loud.... Buddy of mine has a 04.5 straight piped and its loud... Lots louder than mine... And mine can be heard blocks away...

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
mine has a four inch straight pipe with a six inch tip and it turns plenty of heads, i lucked out, i fabricated my own exhaust so i have no drone in the cab, but its loud outside, everycar i pass just stares at me and shakes their head... :lol3:

· Registered
3,891 Posts
my friend has a 4 in staight just like i do. we cut off the cat off and put a banks muffler(we have the same setup).
its pretty loud but it doesn't sound that great. so he just slapped on a 5" turbo back from silver line....this setup sound freak'n awsome guys. not loud at all unless you get on it...........so guess what i have mine on order now aswell.:lol3::thumbsup:beer:$::peelout

· Registered
1,081 Posts
4 inch straight pipe to 6 inch stacks. Everyone tells me its too loud. I live in some hills and im sure my neighbors dont like the sound of my truck at 4 am goin up the hills.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.