Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Water on passenger side floor

967 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  D Gandy
Last night when I got home I found the water on the passenger side floor. Goes all the way to the back seat. Had a odor for a couple days but thought it was the yoohoo that my little boy spilled in it:doh:. Pretty sure it is coming from the a/c cause it hasn't rained in a week or so and I havn't made any water crossings either. Anybody had issues with there a/c leaking water on the floor and what was the fix, thanks.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
Check your heater core. AC has no water, only condensation when in use. Remove radiator cap and sniff, if it has the same "yahoo" smell.......BINGO!

· Registered
352 Posts
I can't tell by your avatar, but do you have cab lights on your rig? And has it been raining lately?

· Registered
370 Posts
I concur with the heater core.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't check it today, but it is clear water were it is puddled along side the door jamb in the front and rear passenger floor boards so I don't think it is the heater core leaking antifreeze, but I will double check that. I will also check the drain for the condesor. I think it is on the firewall down low. Oh yeah, no cab lights. Thanks guys.

· Diesel Junkie
4,194 Posts
Sunroof ?

Member Holysmokes had a leaking issue with his.....there is a drain tube that runs from the "trough" around the sunroof down the passenger side A pillar.......the drain tube on his had come loose.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, no sunroof. I checked my radiator and still full of orange coolant so thats not it. I need to try and find a peice of flexible but stiff wire to feed through the drain on the firewall. Maybe some sort of mold or algea buildup maybe???? All else fails I guess I can just rhino line the floor and drill some drain holes in the floor!:headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.